PDA

View Full Version : cat? please give suggestions

seanscully
11-19-2003, 07:44 PM
hey exhaust questions:

Would this cat fit a stock 3g setup?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33629&item=2443583348

i will get the 1.75"-
i'm doing new exhaust on sister's car
header is ok
have to get new flex pipe ($160?)
want to upgrade cat so she can get better mpg ($40?)
mid pipe with resonator is fine
walker genaric pre muffler pipe($23)
Dynomax (#17706) for the muffler itself ($73)

[i'm not doing test pipe becuase is she dosn't pass emissions its my ass]

as you guys will probally complain i'm keeping it 1.75" but this is not my money.
any suggestions? best places?, other than napa

i'm trying to stay away from the pacesetter because for the $$ that people charge its not worth it for their craftsmanship (not stainless)

thanks for your time guys

this board rocks
i've done a short ram for her and ignition coil and now i don't want to see her get ripped off at some exhaust shop
this thanksgiving i have to put a radio in cause hers got stolen!
always some project for turkey day :>
-Sean

seanscully
11-19-2003, 07:45 PM
sorry its a 88 lxi with m/t

-sean

k-roy
11-19-2003, 07:46 PM
Sure it will. If you do not have emissions tests just weld in a strait pipe to save money.

dXsquared
11-19-2003, 07:50 PM
you can get flex pipes at www.jcw.com for like 30 bucks... and they are stainless

and thats a great cat.. i actually ordered one like 3 days ago...

Travis

sporkHSP
11-19-2003, 07:53 PM
he has emissions... he said so. read the post

Kevin
11-24-2003, 07:27 AM
Ya that will flow good and keep your exhaust from having the ronchy buzzing sound when you gut your CAT!!! If you have a stock CAT now-it will make a good diffrence.

Whitehonda
11-24-2003, 04:10 PM
Hye just FYI I am trying to get rid of a catback exaust system!! I had it on for about 8 months...

It is the 2.25" mandral bent pacesetter pipes, with a stainless Borla Muffler on the rear end. I custom welded supports (stainless of course) to the muffler so it will work with the 3gee.

Let me know if you are interested!!!!

Cameron

cubert
11-24-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Kevin
Ya that will flow good and keep your exhaust from having the ronchy buzzing sound when you gut your CAT!!! If you have a stock CAT now-it will make a good diffrence.

:huh: i have a gutted cat and i dont know about this raunchy buzzing sound you speak of