PDA

View Full Version : A question to all the Integra guys.

k-roy
11-19-2003, 09:42 PM
I have the opritunity to get a 2nd gen Integra for dirt cheap. It has about 100,000 on it and is in bueatiful condition. Aboslutely no rust! Minus the front crossmember witch is dented and scratched so its statring to rust. The car is super clean with original paint and is from Florida. The interior is nice too. It has no stereo, so freakin what. The only thing is that is an issue is the engine and tranny is getting pulled. This is a pimpy little car. I love the 3G but I could learn to forget with this gem. There are countless things I would do with it.

I need to know how much a B18 non vtec with a 5 speed is going cost. I am not looking to do anything performance wise yet, I just need to get it on the road so I can sell my 3G and dump that money into the teg.

kicker1_solo
11-19-2003, 09:46 PM
I had the same exact car but it was totalled, I sold the engine, exles, tranny, and ecu (actually I kept the ecu :D) for $500. There was one in our classifieds forum for $300 I think.

Blue Impact
11-19-2003, 10:23 PM
Go to g2ic.com and ask there. I think our opinions wouldn't matter as much as your own. It's really your money and so ask yourself if it'll be worth it or not.

If you do get the Integra, you will miss the fuel efficiency of the Accord (at least I'm going through that now). What year Integra are you getting?

k-roy
11-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the link man. Its either a 90 or 91 Teal Green RS. The car is going to be $500 and since he is a close friend he will take payments. The gas mileage is not really an issue if it gets at least 30 on the highway witch it should. If I can get it up and running for less than $1000 on top of the original cost it will definitly be worth it to me. Heck at that point it would be worth well over what I will have invested.

Blue Impact
11-19-2003, 11:15 PM
Yeah, $1500 for a 90-91 RS isn't all that bad. Right now, I'm getting an average of 32 mpg on the highway and I have a 93 LS Special Edition.

HondaSi88
11-21-2003, 05:23 PM
buy the car! I know a guy selling a b18 for 150...but he lives in MD

ask maurice if he regrets buying the integra i didn't!

k-roy
11-21-2003, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I am probably going to get the car in a few weeks when I go back to Ohio for the weekend. I have found some decent deals on B18A's. I plan on getting the car and buying all the stuff I need over the next several months. Then get it running by June. In this search I have joined two new boards.
www.g2ic.com and www.carolinahondas.com.
You guys can read the another thread about this here: http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=661181#post661181

Justin86
11-21-2003, 11:10 PM
Yea those cars are not to bad. I know someone with a 92 teg and it is pretty quick. He needs some more mods and reverse but with his steelies on he can keep up to me when I have my 17's. That car is a keeper. :)