View Full Version : have a ? on turbos

11-19-2003, 09:45 PM
hey guys , I have been doing alot of searching for these answers and it seems that i get a different answer in every post i read so i am going to ask ( i know it has prolly been asked and sorry but have to know) everyone on here is talking about turboing our 3g and thats cool and all and i have the t3 turbo off a chrys. conquest but what i dont understand is the specs for the log , down piping and so forth i have seen a couple of pics on here of these things but still i am kinda lost . what exactly is the log for ? is it just to mount the turbo or what. and does the down piping have to be a certian length or anything . well sorry this was so long and any help would be great thanks

11-20-2003, 09:32 AM
the 'log' is just a style of manifold. And thats how the turbo connects to the motor to work. There are a lot of different kinds and the log style is one of the cheapest and more simple versions (although not so efficient).

11-20-2003, 02:07 PM
thanks for the reply so your saying that the log is just the place where the turbo is bolted to to hold it in place ...