PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With my Mom's Car!

Gregs89AccordLxi
06-25-2002, 11:02 PM
Hey guys my mom called me earlier because her dashboard light and headlights and rear lights went out, she couldnt drive home cause of the dark, she has a 78 volvo. I checked all the fuses and they were fine, car starts fine, high beams work, radio works, glove light works, dome light works, emergency/blinkers work, brake lights work. Do you guys have any idea's on what it can be? I wonder if it could be a relays i dunno, is there a way to check if its bad? thanks guys i know its not a honda but i can really use the help

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-25-2002, 11:21 PM
My sister is having problems with the headlights on her Maxima, and I believe it's in the combination switch (the one on the steering column). I'm not sure how to go about diagnosing it though, without poking around with a test light.

accordlx
06-26-2002, 02:55 AM
Don't the older Volvos use a circuit breaker in conjunction with fuses like BMW's?

Night Rida
06-28-2002, 06:09 AM
hey man,
one or the other , its the light switch or the relay.
My honda light switch went bad on high beams, and so i have no high beams.
Night Rida:badass:

Gregs89AccordLxi
06-28-2002, 07:49 PM
thanx for the help guys, i fixed the problem! It was the headlight switch, when i took it off it fell apart. Went to junk yard and got one, i lended my car to my mom and now shes in love with my car :lol , she didnt want to give my keys back, i guess our accords have that affect on people lol