PDA

View Full Version : Rookie!! needs help.. cheap

DaveC
11-20-2003, 06:24 PM
Ok i dont have alot of money. So i want to buy my stereo shit at walmart or best buy and im looking for at a 100$ 4x45 w HU. I dont remember the name of the HU but do you people think this is a good deal or average. Also i want to buy 6x9's for the back that are 120w a piece plus 6.5 in the front that are 80w a piece. Will this HU be enough to power them and if not will a cheap 40$ 250 w amp help with it? One more thing! I aalso want to get myself a 10" sub and posibly power it though the amp.

I dont need to turn heads when im cruising down the street but i do want nice volume.

Just throw me your thoughts

k-roy
11-20-2003, 06:28 PM
That deck will sound allright but you will need like a 4x75watt amp to make it sound better and louder. I dislike all amps that are built into decks. Don't forget to get crossovers to make it sound good. Also make sure the deck has RCA pre-outs. If not you will have to run power from the deck to the amp and it will sound like crap.

danronian
11-20-2003, 07:35 PM
I would look around the net for a cheap last year's model deck for under $100. I bought a pioneer with a bunch of options and remote from walmart fro $90 just b/c it was discontinued. Just look around and get a good one or the laser might end up dying after a year and no cd player. Then just get some good front speakers and none for the back. If you want real cheap, the lightning audio 61/2's are about $40 a pair or a little less from walmart, if not those the pioneer, kenwood, and jensens are about the same quality and the same price. For a sub that actually gives decent bass and is the cheapest, I would go with the jensen xs1010, you can find them for about $20 and mine has lasted quite a while with about 100W RMS. Just get a cheap amp that puts out about 200w max and hook it up to the pre-outs in the back of the HU and put the sub in a cheap walmart box and you're done. If not the jensen a lightning aud. 10" from wally world are about the same quality and price. For how to hook it up just ask. This is my opinion on what you should do for a little money and I am sure somebody will come along and rip what I said apart, but that's just what we do, oh well. Good Luck with it!

sporkHSP
11-20-2003, 07:55 PM
179.99 (http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&catoid=-8864&qp=0&bookmark=bookmark_1&oid=68518) 159.99 (http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&catoid=-8864&qp=0&bookmark=bookmark_0&oid=68517)

From Circuit City... i know its igher than u wanted, but im buyin the 179.99 one.... the best part is, is that the black w/ green lights match the gauges and the interior... at least in mine... :D

shepherd79
11-21-2003, 04:32 AM
remember one thing "you get what you pay for"

DaveC
11-21-2003, 08:27 AM
Then just get some good front speakers and none for the back.

Why only front speakers?

Vanilla Sky
11-21-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by DaveC
Why only front speakers?

imaging... when you go to a movie theatre, you hear more than stereo channels, you hear at least 5.1 channels, none of them the same... when you have the stereo channels coming from both the front and the back, being identical, it makes the sound seem to come from somewhere between the front and the back... with just the full range coming from up front, you have the sound in front of you, making it sound more real, like you were at a concert or what-not

if someone else wants to give a better/clearer explanation of imaging, then go for it