PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! ECU or Battery Gremlin!!!

3rdgenlxi
11-21-2003, 07:36 AM
OK, last night i was at the gas station and the 3G just died. No interior lights, no dash lights, no little beeping noise, no electrical life. So i'm like, WTH! I figure it must be the main relay or a fuse or something... so i pull all the fuses in the engine bay and check them and they're fine. and then all the lights come back on and the car cranks like nothing ever happened! But my clock and radio need to be reset... which means that the ecu was probably reset as well.

this happened twice in one night. Any ideas.... i'm gonna replace the negative battery cable today....thats the only thing i can think of to do.... :confused:

Dibbs
11-21-2003, 08:04 AM
Yeah. Battery cable sounds like a reasonable guess. If you have access to a multimeter or circuit tester. Try that out. You might also want to hit up an autozone for a free battery check. Tell them what been happening and they might check you cables out for you. That way you don't have to start buying stuff until you have a better idea of what's going on.

Justin86
11-21-2003, 01:19 PM
Man this is a tough one. If you could get another ECU and see if it makes a difference but I think the problem is located closser to the battery. Some wires might be shorting out or something. Also check all you wire connections it might be something that is barely on. :confused:

AccordArizona89
11-21-2003, 02:30 PM
yea my cable does that too! i hate it. i need to replace mine to. so when my just dies off i give it a shake.. almost like a poloroid picture