PDA

View Full Version : NEEDED: 88-89 accord lxi dash cluster

ryan86accordlxi
06-26-2002, 04:21 AM
im in bad need of a dash cluster for an 88-89 lxi auto. it has to be that specific kind. if anyone can help me out please let me know. you can email me at [email protected]
thanks alot, ryan

89AccordNate
06-26-2002, 11:45 AM
Ive got one! Its for an auto, has a black (shines redish in the sun) gauge surround, and its showing 165,470 miles. You will need to use your overhead lights for it, the wire in my cluster fried, so I swapped them.

Make me an offer.

I can take a pic if you want it. I accept paypal.

Oh yeah, its from an 88 accord, the needles point inward...and yes it works :).

[email protected]

Nate.

ryan86accordlxi
06-26-2002, 01:39 PM
the dash is for an lxi though right? ill give you $30 shipping included? let me know what you think. if it sounds good to you then email me your address. [email protected]
thanks alot, ryan

89AccordNate
06-26-2002, 10:03 PM
The cluster is out of an LX. I dont know the differences in Lx and Lxis except that gauge surround has an EFI light or something in it I think? Whats the difference? All you would need to do is swap out the gauge surround if thats the case. The clusters themselves are the same.

The price sounds good...let me know if your still interested.

Nate.

ryan86accordlxi
06-27-2002, 03:39 AM
ok maybe you can help me. here is my reasoning behind needing this particular cluster. i have an auto. 86 lxi. i bought the indiglo gauges that they only make for 88-89's. i was told i can swap the dashes as long as all the plugs match up. i got an 88-89 cluster and it didnt have the hook-up for my sunroof so i couldnt use that one. did this lx have a sunroof that you're taking the cluster from? let me know if you think it will work.

89accordlxi
06-27-2002, 06:18 AM
Ok, Now I am totally confused about what you are talking about. First of all, the guage cluster(tach, speedo, fuel, temp) and the dash cluster(sunroof, mirror adjustment, flipup light, dash light control, and rear defrost) are two separate pieces. You should be able to just replace the guage cluster while still maintaining your dash cluster. I have done a similar swap with my 89 lxi. When puting on my custom white guages, I broke the post off of the temp guage and messed up the fuel gauge somehow... I pulled the guage cluster out of an older accord and replaced mine with it. Even though it was an older accord and different model, it still had all the same plugs.. The only thing different was that the needles point out insteed of in.

What you need to be more concerned about is getting a guage cluster that is the same brand as yours. There are two different kinds. I don't know the names off hand but check to see if you have a Little NS or was it NZ(I don't remember)at the bottom of your speedo. If so, you will need a cluster that also has the NS/NZ on it.

Hope that this made some sense..
I don't know much about the indiglo guages so I can't make any comments on those. And I don't know what the difference between the 86's and the 88-89's...........Ding, Ding, Ding, Wait a minute. Maybe that is what the difference is. Do your temp and gas needles point out or in. If out then that is why you need the 88-89's, their needles point in... Like I said before, as long as they are the same brand, they should fit fine....

I'm out....

ryan86accordlxi
06-27-2002, 12:28 PM
yes the fuel and temp gauges on my 86 point out and the ones on the indiglos and on the 88-89 cluster point in so thats why i need them to match up.

toastyghost
06-28-2002, 10:16 AM
If anyone has a 88-89 NS gauge cluster they want to sell me, let me know how much you want for it. You can either reply here or email, but if you're going to email me use [email protected] because weedmail has been down for like a week.

ryan86accordlxi
06-28-2002, 11:19 PM
nate do you think your dash will work for me. did the car it was in have a sunroof? if it did then email me your address so i can send out a money order.