PDA

View Full Version : Installing Body Kits

troutz15
11-22-2003, 05:23 PM
I have a 3rd gen 89' accord lx, with a sheetmetal body, how the hell would i put on the side skirts? And what size speakers would fit in the stock speaker locations? The stock ones are round, most ones today are like oval-shaped.

Blue Impact
11-22-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by troutz15
And what size speakers would fit in the stock speaker locations?

6.5" speakers.

3G Jester
11-22-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by troutz15
I have a 3rd gen 89' accord lx, with a sheetmetal body, how the hell would i put on the side skirts? And what size speakers would fit in the stock speaker locations? The stock ones are round, most ones today are like oval-shaped.

um......:wtf:

i think you have been wandering around best buy too much with out getting to know your car. there are many different kinds of speakers all different sizes. if you have coupe or sedan you have 6.5 inch speakers in your front doors. these are round shaped. in your rear..behind the rear seat...you have 6 x 9 inch speaker ports. this measurement is from the widest point onits width and length.
the stock ones are round up front as well as the most recent after market speakers. like i said. speakers come in many different sizes depending on the required sizes. get waht fits.

as for your body...sheetmetal eh? most of us on the board had plywood cars....yours must be rare.... :rolleyes:
hahah just kiddding.....as for side skirts and a body kit. there are no after market body kits for our cars...you need to modify what ever gives you the closest fit and cut, paste, bend and mold to fit your car. this includes fabrication of mounting hardware, reenforcements and such. if you dont have experience in this feild...and dont think you have the inginutiy to diy....then bring it to a shop, or have a friend help you out. if you live close by other members on the board....those with experince in body kits or those with experience in their 3g...then hook up with them and hang out and jsut spend a day on your cars. theres tons of shit you can do.
eddit your info and include your location. helps out alot.....ayways...
welcome to the board...and any questions dont hesitate to ask. just please use the search feature first!:wave:

HostileJava
11-23-2003, 05:40 AM
Actually Erebuni, Xenon, and Kalmanari(or somthing like that). All make body kits for our cars. I however don't feel that they are agressive enough. You can use the Fronts from 90-93 Integra kits and the sides and backs for 90-93 accords. I also believe someone used z24 sideskirts on there hatch.

HaccordR89
11-23-2003, 08:27 PM
i like the kaminari kit...but yeah, they most definatly sell aftermarket kits for our cars, not a huge selection, but if you want to see them check out impactparts.com they sell them and have pics of the kit's on our cars