PDA

View Full Version : newer honda civic seats

Sk8boarder
11-22-2003, 05:49 PM
I got an 87 accord S (hatch) and my driver's seat is pretty much going 2 shits :eek: I know that it would be an easy swap 2 get some 87 prelude seats, however i'm looking into buying some newer honda civic front seats (like 98 onwards) & I was wondering if u guys think that they'd work on my older accord, or would it be hard 2 modify them so they can fit?

Any help is appreciated :D

danronian
11-24-2003, 06:22 AM
Considering even the prelude seats from an 87 wouldnt work w/o being modded, I really doubt it would be easy to put newer civic seats in. Try it at the J/y if you can though, but I doubt your going to find a 98 civic there. I wouldnt modify the seat mounts unless you do it right b/c you wouldnt want to fly through the windshield during an accident. Meaning if you arent competent in metal machining/work, dont try modifying the brackets yourself for safety reasons. I have seen people use wooden block below seats and to me that doesnt feel safe. Just my thoughts.

HaccordR89
11-25-2003, 07:57 PM
i haven't tried this myself, but it was pretty easy for my buddy to throw 95 lude seats into his 89 crx. all he did was measure the difference between where his seats mount and where the ludes seat mount, and weld a custom bracket onto the ludes so that he wouldn't have to drill new holes. i would strongly suggest this method though because i know when you drill new holes, the seats never hold right, and you'll have endless problems with them coming out

HondaBoy
11-26-2003, 11:25 PM
well, i have some 89 prelude si seats in my 4door 3gee. i used my stock slide rails and bolted them to the seats. bolt holes lined up perfect! so..... i dont know about any other seats. but if you can get them for very cheap, i would say go for it. i actually payed $25 for my pair of near mint conditino 'lude seats at a junkyard. very lucky deal.