PDA

View Full Version : URGENT .. No fuel going thru.

Shifty
11-23-2003, 12:43 AM
Help guys.. its a sunday and i need my car going... i started it up today.. moved it n waited for my bro to come.. I had the car in Park while i was waiting and as soon as i put it in Reverse n the car stopped on me.. i tried starting it up a couple of times but it seems like there is no petrol and u cant pump it thru with the pedal.. its an automatic too guys.. Any way i can manually get the fuel going thru !? *cries*

shepherd79
11-23-2003, 05:47 AM
there is no way you can get enough pressure there.
how do you know it is the fuel problem?
did you disconnect the fuel line and turn your ignition on to see if it is pumping anything?
i would have to say it is more like fuel relay. EFI accords have this problem all the time.

easyryder
11-23-2003, 07:20 AM
I agree with Shep and the main relay also controls the coil as well So if it is weak (or gone) car get no fuel or spark
Check it out

k-roy
11-23-2003, 11:03 AM
Fuel filter, bad cap and rotor. It could be a lot of things. There is a good howto listed on this site about the main relay.

Shifty
11-25-2003, 06:14 PM
mmm i've recently talked to a friend of mine and apparently his nissan had a similiar problem.. his fuel pump went. Could this be a possiblity? but he also told me it was hard to tell if it is untill u like crack open the whole thing :/

k-roy
11-25-2003, 06:20 PM
Get a pressure gauge and hook it up to the fuel rail to find out for sure if it is pumping. There is a good possibility it is the pump on such an old car.

Shifty
11-25-2003, 07:17 PM
fuel rail.. hrmm n where would that be !?

danronian
11-25-2003, 08:17 PM
The rail looking thing that is directly behind and attached to the fuel injectors.

k-roy
11-25-2003, 08:34 PM
Its a metal tube behind the valve cover. Its about a foot and a half long. It has a cap on it like a tire.

Justin86
11-27-2003, 11:36 PM
When fuel pump goes it goes slowly. It just dosen't cut out all of sudden and doesn't work, that is an electrial prob. If you have a repair manual they have a diagnossis section in there.

Shifty
12-05-2003, 07:18 PM
we figured it was an electrical problem, but now we know fuel is not the problem.. Before the auto electrian found a loose cable connecting from the ignition to the distributor or something right. He fixed that but once we got the car home it would'nt start again. It really is annoying me, It'll start some days n not turn on at all on others. So we're taking it back to the auto electricals place to get it fully checked out. If its not that it must be mechanical.