PDA

View Full Version : Some Amp Questions

Nate2310
11-23-2003, 12:10 PM
Alright as of right now this is my set up:

-2 jl 12" wo's in sealed box
-street wires 4g single amp wiring kit
-fosgate 2 channle 451s amp (115w rms into each channel at 4 ohms)

i'm wanting to add another 451s amp.

How would I wire this?

What wiring kit should I get? I know if I get another wiring kit I would just plug the rcas into the other amp but how would I hook up the remote turn on ? would I splice it w/ the other amps? and do i just hook up and the power and ground normal when getting another amp?

also could i use one capacitor for 2 amps?

thanks in advice

dXsquared
11-23-2003, 02:05 PM
with that much power goin to each sub, you are likely to blow them... they are reated at 125 watts RMS each.. with 2 amps, they will be recieving at least 100 watts more than RMS... thats way too much...

you basically have your subs maxed out with the amp you are running... for more bass you will need to get more subs, new and more wattage subs or a slightly larger amp...

Travis

Nate2310
11-23-2003, 04:17 PM
yeah that's what i meant I was going to do, I plan on getting 2 more jl 12's w/ the new amp

yaxley
11-24-2003, 07:43 AM
My sudjestion is run a 0guage power line from your battery get a spliter to go from 1 0guage to 2 4guage lines there are your 2 power lines for your amps run 2 seperate 4guage grounds to the body as for your remote on what you a talking about is fine in my opinyon I would take your existing RCA and get a spliter for it and conect it that way because the way you sudjest teknicaly makes the sound take a little bit longer to get to the other amp which means you second set of subs will hit a fraction of a sec later.

yaxley
11-24-2003, 07:50 AM
as for your CAP it should work just conect it before the spliter. if you notice you sterio gets dim every time the bass hits you need a bigger CAP or another one (CAPs come in different sizes and you didnt say how many ferads yours is.but just conect it and find out it wont hurt your sterio.)