PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to do this without....

AC439
06-26-2002, 06:31 AM
Ok. Here's the situation:-

For some reasons, there are leaves and dirt inside my evaporator. I checked the grill (the one with the windshield wiper) and there is no gap for leave to get in. I don't know how come they got in but I saw them when I was changing my thermostat in the evaporator.

When I changed the thermostat, I didn't take the evaporator out for the job cause I don't want to open the A/C system. Instead, I crawed underneath and tried to take out the bottom housing of the evaporator. However, I could not completeley take it out due to some spring clips behind the evaporator housing (close to the firewall). I was able to remove the spring clips at the front and the sides. I managed to changed the thermostat with just that 2 inches opening. At the same time, I saw leaves there so I stuck my fingers inside and tried to yank out as much as possible.

Now, I want to be able to take out the bottom housing of the evaporator to clean it and yank away all the leaves. Anyone has a better idea? I don't want to open my A/C system since it is working. Thanks.

-AC

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-26-2002, 08:03 AM
If you're talking about the plastic mesh type thingy on top, right under the windshield but before the hood, then you can take that off. Just look and you'll see those cheezy little plastic screws (about 8 or so), just take those out and take the windshield wipers off, and it pops right off. I did this to clean mine out once.

:)

AC439
06-26-2002, 08:59 AM
Thanks for reply. I'm actually talking about the lower half of the plastic evaporator housing inside the car (behind the glove box).
-AC

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-26-2002, 11:09 AM
ooO0o....I see. I'm not sure about that then :rolleyes: