PDA

View Full Version : Place Racing's parts for a B swap

section-8
11-23-2003, 09:33 PM
Ok, I read the posts about the B swaps, and have searched and foudn BUKU info...props to those who took the time to write it all down.
I do have some questions.

use a S1 or Y1 tranny(Available from the 4g CIVICS). These transmissions use a cable to engage
Ok, can I use a normal B tranny, or does it have to be these trannies? Or are these B trannies(not familiar with the Y1 and S1 codes)? If I can use any other B tranny, I imagine I would still have to use place racing's axles, right? Is there anywhere else that sells the correct axles? I haven't seen anywhere, and their site is down, so I can't check stuff out there.
The shift rod that I have to use...is it just shortened/lengthened, or is it an altogether custom unit? Same with the axles...aren't they just adjusted for size? Or is it a matter of the splines not mating up?

Sorry for the newb questions, but in all my time, I never imagined I would even be considering a swap like this...mostly just the drop in stuff.

86dxAccord
11-23-2003, 09:44 PM
You can only use B-series Cable Trannies, unless you do a cable-hydro conversion. First Gen B16 ( S4C/S80/
Y80/Y21) or first Gen YS1 Trannies.( B17a1 or B18a ).

section-8
11-23-2003, 09:49 PM
thank you. That helps a bit.

Anybody know about the axles?

86dxAccord
11-23-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by section-8
thank you. That helps a bit.

Anybody know about the axles?

USE ALL PLACE RACING PARTS. SAVES U THE HEADACHE OF MAKING CUSTOM PARTS!

section-8
11-23-2003, 09:54 PM
I was just wondering what the difference was...I have a machine shop in town that owes me a favor or two, so the headache would be theirs...hehe.

OldSchoolSwap
11-24-2003, 08:49 PM
You'll need a 90-93 integra cable tranny (USDM) or a JDM B16 - B17 cable tranny. Its the only trannies that will work with our cars.

You should use the PRI axles and shift linkage. They have done a perfect fit for the B series swap. A private shop will have to go through hell in order to get those things done properly, witch also translates into more down time on your end.

The shift rod is a hole diffrent storry all together, its shorter if not mistaken, and have diffrent connecting ends.

If you are interested in purchasing all of the PRI products please feel free to contact me at [email protected] and i'll quote you on those parts.

Here's a ruff estimate of the parts prices. (PDF Format) http://www.moonscryer.org/placeracing.pdf

86dxAccord
11-24-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by OldSchoolSwap
You'll need a 90-93 integra cable tranny (USDM) or a JDM B16 - B17 cable tranny. Its the only trannies that will work with our cars.

You should use the PRI axles and shift linkage. They have done a perfect fit for the B series swap. A private shop will have to go through hell in order to get those things done properly, witch also translates into more down time on your end.

The shift rod is a hole diffrent storry all together, its shorter if not mistaken, and have diffrent connecting ends.

If you are interested in purchasing all of the PRI products please feel free to contact me at [email protected] and i'll quote you on those parts.

Here's a ruff estimate of the parts prices. (PDF Format) http://www.moonscryer.org/placeracing.pdf

I know the mounts have warranty for life from PRI, but how about the axles? What happends if u damage one?