PDA

View Full Version : EFI to Weber swap

Dibbs
11-24-2003, 01:11 PM
What would be involved in removing all efi hardware and replacing it with a dual weber setup? Can I rip out all emmisions sensors? Will I need a carb wiring harness? Exactly what parts are needed for this, besides the obvious (webers, adapter, intake manifold, etc)? Basicly I wanna know what I can get rid of and what carb parts I need.

k-roy
11-24-2003, 01:29 PM
I like the way you car going. The efi does not have as much potential as those DCOE's. I once saw a 60's ferarri with six Webers. I almost creamed my pants. Literally. It has never happened to me before, even at a strip club. I actually got stimulation form looking under the hood of a car. But that is probably too much info so I'll stop talking about it,

Lets see. EFI to carb. The carb ecu is useless so I would not worry about it. You should get an aftermarket a/f ratio meter so you can moniter it yourself. I would recomend a MSD ignition and a header as well. That way you can run old school without an ecu.

Here is what you need to make some good power.
DCOEs with linkages.
Custom Manifold
Fuel pump and pressure regulator
MSD system
Header
A/F Gauge with O2 sensor
Custom air intake. Hood scoop would be good.

A20A1
11-24-2003, 01:30 PM
- New Inline Carb Fuel Pump (Possibly from Holley)
- Pressure Regulator with adjustments around 3.0 - 4.0 PSI (Possibly from Holley)
- Modified fuel pick up in the gas tank, maybe with larger sized fuel lines.
- Larger fuel hard lines from tank to firewall

Emissions stuff will be useless
Ecu's will be useless

A20A1
11-24-2003, 01:32 PM
Damit kroy, :D

k-roy
11-24-2003, 01:36 PM
haha I beat you to it by like 20 seconds :tongue:

Good call on the fuel system man.
I would recomend a big fram canister fuel filter for under the hood and nix the 2 stock filters.

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/norm/frm-hp61_m.jpg

I was seriously considering this setup but I just found a hell of a deal on a 91 Integra so I am going to jump all over that one instead.

smufguy
11-25-2003, 07:42 PM
does any kinda fuel pressure regulator can be used? Im kinda needing one and i dont have a clue what the hell fits!!!

A20A1
11-25-2003, 11:39 PM
What do you mean fits?

Look at the highest pressure your pump puts out and make sure the regulator can take that kind of pressure or else you might need a return line. Other then that look for the regulators that can set the psi to about 3.0 - 4.0 psi. As long as its meets those requirements then you can use it.

Just don't get the dial in type of regulators since they have a tendancy to lock-up at 3,600 rpm.

Dibbs
11-26-2003, 05:14 AM
When choosing a flow control device, it is best to choose one where your given setpoint will be near the midpoint of the range of the device. This makes complications w/ the device easier to find.

smufguy
11-26-2003, 07:13 AM
Mike in EFI as u know so i need a pressure gauge to test how much pressure im putting out before i can get a FPR?