PDA

View Full Version : ***Batt light on but car runs fine?

Dustin Imports
11-24-2003, 02:53 PM
car light/radio and everything are running fine...is my batt going to die? and my radiator cap exploded coolant everywhere today as well...in a seperate incident i think...

help...damn smokin turd...the rad cap is supposed to click twice when turning right not once?

Drew

k-roy
11-24-2003, 02:56 PM
That sucks. You should take the car to the parts store to have the battery and alternator tested for free. I would replace the radiator cap as well.

Dustin Imports
11-24-2003, 03:24 PM
lol isnt the altenator on the bottom of thses damn things...i have no clue..

only 112k on the car..and this happens.

Pharoah
11-24-2003, 04:39 PM
on mine the white and green wire coming off the alternator was knicked and needed replaced. as far as getting to it i would suggest if it is stock to take th two bolts off the tope of the intake manifold that hold the air box down. it lets you get to it from the top.

Dustin Imports
11-24-2003, 04:58 PM
pull intake and you can see it? is there a pic on this site?

so prob the wires?

Mac
11-24-2003, 06:04 PM
Check the condition and tension of the alt. belt. Then check that the connections on battery are clean and tight (on both ends of each wire). Also check the connections on the alternator. There is a big white wire on top with a boot over it, make sure it is tight and not shorting to the alternator. There is also a connector on the back, make sure that is on tight.

If all connections are good, check fuse#1 in the dash fuse box and fuse # 8 under the hood in the fuse/relay box. Check the white/green wire from the fuse/relay box to the alternator and make sure it isn't shorted anywhere.

k-roy
11-24-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Pharoah
on mine the white and green wire coming off the alternator was knicked and needed replaced. as far as getting to it i would suggest if it is stock to take th two bolts off the tope of the intake manifold that hold the air box down. it lets you get to it from the top.

Hey we are still waiting on pics of your STI killer.

Dustin Imports
11-25-2003, 10:29 AM
ok fuck

alt belt broke i found it slung up on the engine. it was so dark last night i couldnt see it.

it runs the water pumnp to riught?

my radiator is cracked as well right along the top solid colored part where the rad cap is and where the vented part of the radiator meet.

jb weld for that and the belt.

anyone have link on replacing this? what do i need to loosin to get that sucker on? (if anything)

grrrr

Drew

Mac
11-25-2003, 04:55 PM
JB Weld on the belt? No get a new one. You will need to remove the power steering and the A/C belt to get to it.

Dustin Imports
11-25-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Mac
JB Weld on the belt? No get a new one. You will need to remove the power steering and the A/C belt to get to it.

lol no the radiator...

jb weld the belt...hehehee:smokin:

Mac
11-25-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Dustin Imports

jb weld for that and the belt.

Drew

Yea I thought that was a kinda wierd idea too. Glad it was just a slip.