PDA

View Full Version : Fixed My Leaky H4 Conversions!

HondaBoy
11-25-2003, 10:00 PM
just about everyone with H4 conversions has that annoying problem with water getting into your headlight. my right side one is messed up from that. anyway, i thought about it for some time how i could seal them. well, i figured i would make something up. so i went to Home Depot and looked for stuff to make the new seals with. just to let y'all know, they turned out realy nice and dont even leak! i used a rubber pipe connector. looks like a connector for a tubular cold air intake. i also got some metal end cap thingies and some rubber gromets. i cut the rubber connectors down to fit into the headlight lid. i also had to cut the metal end cap thing and grind it down to make it fit. i cut the wires and ran them through the gromets and sealed around the wires with "form a gasket" stuff, realy for sealing your engine gaskets like on the valve cover. they havent gotten any water in them or moisture build up over the last few days. when i get new bulbs and housings, i will take some pix of what they look like.

DeathRat
11-26-2003, 05:39 AM
Where was the water leaking in? On the bulb side?

HondaBoy
11-26-2003, 05:35 PM
yeah, it would leak where the bulb plugs in, not around the glass lense or anything. it was the rubber seal that's in the back of the light housing.