PDA

View Full Version : That's Is It!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . . . . . . . . . .

accordlxi2.0
11-26-2003, 08:59 PM
I'M REALLY PISSED.
actually my brother is but was more worried than pissed.
this is like the 5th time this month that the carb internal's has flooded. it happened to him this time.
this what happened. he started it revved then shut off started it again he open the hood the civic air cover. and there was gas in the1st & 2nd barrel he started it , with it @ wot. it started and stumbled. he seen the float glass was full. so then he screwed it in little by little ,and gas came out so he turned it, off dissconnected the fuel pump and had the engine run off of the gas that was in there; he had to do this two time's.
he leaned it out all the way and had the the throttle stop screwed turn up.
and by the time he got home it was acting fine. he did this cause i did it the other time's.
so now we got it back to normal, but when he take's off @ wot it act's like not enough fuel then it catches.
so were gonna convert to pgm-fi.
cause it's not acting right.

SO I HAVE SOME QUESTION'S IT SOMEWHAT PERTAINING TO THE GUY'S WHO DID THIS. BUT ANY INPUT IS WELCOMED.

1) how long does this procedure take to do? (to request ahead of time)
2) how much did you spend getting these part's?
3) is a fuel tank really nescessary?
i have more but can't really remember.
so tell me. we know what were getting into.
in fact he said that his next pay he's gonna get the whole intake.(he think's that gonna be costly)

A20A1
11-26-2003, 09:21 PM
Are you sure your float needle is seating right... also brand new o-rings will break inside the float valve ... thats why I usually lube the new ones before putting them in. Careful of what lube you use since that could cause probelms too.

Turning the float adjustment screw sometimes closes a broken o-ring by mear chance and if you adjust is again it will break... or it will just leak over time... So yeah check the lower o-ring on the float valve and get a tighter fitting one from a hardware store if you need to.

I have EFI parts... only some though I'll let you know what I have latter on.

Oh and make sure the retaining tab on the float itself is there or else if the fuel level drops too low the needle will fall out.

accordlxi2.0
11-29-2003, 07:23 AM
it's fine now. well i think cause i started it this morning and in order for it to run i had to have the pedal pressed. once it ran, smoke came out.
plus like i said when you go into wot , it peel's out, then slow, then picks up?
it affect's the 1st barrel, but no affect on the second, cause that what get's it up in the first place.

I WILL BE WAITING TO SEE WHAT PART'S YOU HAVE TO OFFER..
THANKS

A20A1
11-29-2003, 12:23 PM
So is your float level set right?
If thats all good then It's your fuel pressure or maybe your timing but I say fuel... if you up the psi you'll get rid of that problem... thats what I did when I had the stock carb on. Problem was I was using the dial-in type FPR and that locked up the fuel at 3,600 rpm.

accordlxi2.0
11-29-2003, 10:28 PM
:huh:
as wierd as that may sound to me at this time i think your right.
cause the float is set to the low part of the sight glass like this:
( _ )
i guess he's afraid of this happening again.
and i was starting to think it's the cai.:lol

BTW, DO i reaaaalllly have to get a efi tank for it?
and can't i kinda use the existing line's going to the engine?????
thanx

A20A1
12-01-2003, 10:47 AM
I'll try and get some pics... I forgot I modified the EFI manifold some... I opened up the runners and got rid of the butteflies in the secodary plate below the plenum. I still nee to finish the job though. But you may / may not get better performance.

accordlxi2.0
12-02-2003, 05:34 AM
no i meant the gas tank.
oh wait the part that you have or what?
cause i read it and i'm assuming that's what your gonna sell.
but i meant the tank . . . .would i really need a efi gas tank or can the carb tank handle it?
and can i use the line going to the carb/injector rail?
thanx

A20A1
12-02-2003, 02:05 PM
forget the tank... just get an EFI fuel pump rated close to the flow rate of the stock EFI pump and PSI. Get a better one if you can, But make sure it's the in tank kind or an inline one at least... and maybe you will need to modify the pickup since you'll be removing the carb pump and the cap doesn't have a return line, it's just a vapor line, You might be able to use that... but change the fuel lines so they can handle the EFI fuel pressure.

accordlxi2.0
12-02-2003, 02:21 PM
cool . . . . . . . . that's some good new's. i found the problem kinda.
part of the problem was the choke heater. the flap would close when the engine was off and 1/2 opened with it on.
and when the gas was pressed it would sorta close then opened.
the heater had a short.
but it kinda does it still.
anyway , now im gonna work on getting an intake unless you have one a201a.
BTW, where is the badge # e.i. a201a.

A20A1
12-02-2003, 02:33 PM
it's on the engine block next to the EGR pipe

accordlxi2.0
12-03-2003, 08:55 PM
i did'nt really see anything.
but as for the peel out, hesitate's, then take's off again issue.
i dissconected the secondary.
and the first barrel did fine, in fact it had some get up until 4grand.
hooked it back up and it was back to the same thing again.
i dissconnected the hose sucked on the hose and it felt like there was a vac leak.
but i attached a manafold vac. it was fine.

A20A1
12-03-2003, 09:15 PM
So you attatched manifold vacuum to the secondary?

try and loop a single vacuum line from the venturi vacuum port on the carb to the secondary diaphragm. and block off the port on the plastic T-Fitting.
Lable the vacuum lines in cause you think you might forget where they go.

accordlxi2.0
12-04-2003, 06:36 AM
oh yea i forgot when i did the other line the engine shut off.
i did that to test the secondary for leaks.

accordlxi2.0
12-16-2003, 12:12 PM
okay i messe around with it again since i was bored.
if i can recall , one of the dan's on this board said that# 25 and 2 vac line's to the dizzy should get vac when the engine is cold.
the engine was hot and there was still a little vac in #25. plugged line and it still does it.
i tried runnig it richer still the same prob. i tightened the secondary, still does it , but with a stronger pull.
i tried connecting the abc air jet system, still the same prob.
but i was wondering, i put on a bigger diameter pipe for the custom cai.
the filter is custom also.
could this be the problem???