PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/ transmitter (2nd car mode)

POS carb
11-27-2003, 12:30 PM
So much for good instructions. This Alpine alarm I bought (SEC-100) has the ability to control 2 car alarm systems.
Somehow one of my friends activated the 2nd car mode on the transmitter and now I cannot switch it back to 1st car (the 3gee).
I've tried removing the battery, pushing random buttons, I read the damn book 2 times, and nowhere does it say how to do this

Can anyoe assist me?

The transmitter has 4 buttons,
TX/Panic (arm/disarm/panic),
EXT1/Valet
EXT2/EXT3
Mode (used for programming,chirp mute,car finder, and 1 or 2 other things)

The extra transmitter works just fine so I kow it isn't the alarm, plus the LED flashes 2x on the now retarded transmitter whereas before it only blinked once. I have seen 2 references in the book that this has to do with 2 car operation but nothing about how to select what goddamn car you want lol :MAD:

catalin
11-27-2003, 11:54 PM
All you have to do is turn the 2nd car mode off. I don't quite remember but it has to do with holding one of the remote buttons down for 3 seconds or so.
After doing so then the remote LED will only pulse once.

POS carb
12-01-2003, 03:40 PM
nah on this remote I know for sure each button has a secondary functon for holding.
I'm 99% sure it has to be a combination of "mode" and something else

catalin
12-02-2003, 05:42 PM
Try holding both down for about 3 seconds. The LED on the remote should respond with either one or two flashes.