PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Indiglo Gauge Q's

Skaboy6t9
06-26-2002, 06:07 PM
Hey im sure a lot of you have seen the reverse indiglo gauges made for our cars, it says they will only go with manuals i was wondering if it would be possible to alter it somehow to make it available for automatics.
The only diff is between the fuel meter and engine heat there are gears P R D4 etc...
Reply back if anyone has altered the reverse indiglo's for an automatic or has any ideas how they could be altered to fit da auto. Peace!

Cam

AccordChemist
06-26-2002, 07:15 PM
the only difference is they dont have the cutout for the gears...they will work on an automatic without any modification...

DrMunky
06-26-2002, 08:42 PM
You can't make the cutout on the guages; there are wires and such behind the guage. If you don't mind not seeing what gear you're in, then it would work fine.

If I get my scanner working, I'll scan the back of it so you'll know what I mean.

AccordChemist
06-27-2002, 05:25 PM
you can look down at your shifter to see what gear you are in, its a small sacrafice to have some nice gauges...

jkim1978
06-27-2002, 06:07 PM
you could make a cut out.... there are nothing attached to the back where the cut out should be... but then... the thing is... you have to start cutting it from the 'r' down... meaning r n d etc.... cause where the 'p' should be... there is a little connector thingy there.. so you can't cut there... well.. on mine... i bought the gauges from procarparts.. and i had to cut little rectangular part on the gauges... and i have no problems with it...

87pimpsterdocious
06-29-2002, 12:04 AM
Where can these be found? I've never heard about or seen them for our cars before.

toastyghost
06-29-2002, 02:09 PM
http://www.procarparts.com/

87pimpsterdocious
06-29-2002, 11:35 PM
Whoa, those are very cool. Thanks for the info, I'll be getting some of those.