PDA

View Full Version : Tranny is possed or my garage in on a grave yard???

Justin86
11-27-2003, 11:19 PM
Well I can't seem to figure it out but the I swear that my car dosen't want me to drive it anymore. I have pulled the tranny five times and five times I have completely tore it down and it still dosen't work. My orginal tranny didn't copperate so I got an 84 lude tranny. (who ever said you just have to change out the differentals should be shot)

Well I had to change a lot of stuff and put on the wrong gear case and pushed the counter shaft through the bell housing. Got that fixed put it everything back together, checked to see if the gear all work before I put it back into the car forthe 5th time and everything worked perfectly. So I get it in the car and before I put the axles and supension together I check to see if it shifts ok. Well 3rd, 4th, and 5th don't work. I went from a tranny that 1st didn't work to a tranny that 3 gears don't work. So from the work bench to my car something got fucked up.

I'm so pissed right now I can't think straight so I can use any possible gueses on what went wrong. :burn: :rant: :mad: :pissed: :wtf:

'89AccordLX(Rus)
11-28-2003, 08:54 AM
It seems that the problem lies in the shifter linkage inside the tranny. Is it possible that you didn't assemble the shifter forks correctly? Also, when on the bench, did you test the tranny upright or horizontally positioned? Maybe in the process of moving it the linkage came apart? Seems to me that if the gears all worked fine on the bench, there is little chance that they moved or got screwed up during transport. (They are rather fixed in their place) but if the shifter mechanisms slipped off or otherwise disengaged while the tranny was horizontal, you could have the exact problem you are describing. Chances are, you might have to tear down the tranny for the sixth time to find out what is wrong. Also, check all the clearences in the tranny.

I hope you find this helpful.

Justin86
11-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Well thanks but I know that I will have to pull the tranny again. When I tested it on the bench the gears were vertical with the bell housing resting on the bench. I wish it was that simple but the shift linkage can not get moved inside the tranny. It is in a fixed position and well it is impossible to become disenganged during the transport.

Justin86
11-29-2003, 07:00 PM
Well it get worse I installed everything and was about to pull out of the garage. I began to let the clutch out and the engine started to die. Something was getting it bound up. I released the e-brake and tried the gears, and they all went into gear, so I belive. The car only moved in 2nd gear, and in everyother one it would start to kill the engine.
Well I thought about it and I belive that it is constantly in 2nd gear that is why it is the only one that works. It alos is in 2nd when it should be in neutral. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????

Justin86
12-16-2003, 04:56 PM
Well just an update I went to Redding, Cali this wekend to the pick and pull and grabed myself two tranny's and I should have this mess all done by tomorrow. I'm trying to put my new throwout bearing on this tranny but the old one won't come off? I just need to get a bigger hammer.