PDA

View Full Version : engine rebuild kit for jdm b20a?

Tref_LXI
11-28-2003, 11:49 AM
If i was to find a b20a, could i also order a engine rebuild kit for it or do I have to buy all the parts separate?

RobT5580
11-28-2003, 11:59 AM
Parts are sold just like USDM parts there is a lower engine gasket kit and an upper gasket kit then the rest of the items are seperate. I looked up all the common stuff and you can find that in the begining of this forum but check all the pages because the 2nd place yasu found is much better on price and is much faster because they are in Japan.

k-roy
11-28-2003, 03:14 PM
You should PM Carotman, I believe he rebuilt one.

Tref_LXI
11-28-2003, 05:38 PM
has anyone actually turbo'd one of these? I mean that actually has pictures or videos of this?

mykwikcoupe
11-28-2003, 09:07 PM
not that is known as of yet. Currently rob and myself are working on turbo kits for b20a. Hes going wild and Im going mild.

Oakenfold
11-28-2003, 09:17 PM
when I purchase the b20a what parts should I really change? I mean what new parts should I really consider changing?

Tref_LXI
11-29-2003, 12:11 PM
how do I obtain air filters, water pumps, gaskets, seals, everything else. I really would like to do the swap, but I am finding this a bit hard to find the information I really need.

RobT5580
11-29-2003, 01:22 PM
Use the thread i reffered you to before you can get any JDM part with a part number and all the common stuff is posted.

Tref_LXI
11-29-2003, 02:00 PM
thanks, how is your swap going along? Do you have the engine yet..?

RobT5580
11-29-2003, 02:15 PM
Its going good but slow but im gonna be doing a lot over my winter break. I just got the rest of the ARP head studs last week. And iv been gathering all the JDM part numbers up so i can order up all that stuff. And currently im trying to get a Moroso oil pan. I have all the major stuff but still a lot of small stuff to buy and i need to send the head to JG which will be expensive. Im shooting for late spring to be done at this point. So for now i will just be powder coating a lot of engine parts in prep for the assembly when the head comes back.

My 2nd B20A will be N/A maybe with CTR pistons and just basic bolt ons. I want to see what a stock B20A feels like plus it will be my daily driven car if i can find another nice coupe.

But PM me if you have any questions because it sucks doing trial and error and the B20A is still relatively a mystery even though a lot has come out this past year.