PDA

View Full Version : 89 honda crx hf clutch problem

Tref_LXI
11-28-2003, 05:41 PM
Hey guys my sisters car is a 89 honda crx hf and is having a big problem. It has 163k miles on it, but will barely move forward now. I checked the clutch cable and it still tight. It has fluid in it, but I think the actually clutch is gone. It cant go past 10mph and feels like it just is'nt letting go all the way. The engine speed also goes up to about 4k before the car starts even moving.

k-roy
11-28-2003, 05:48 PM
OK. Tigheten the cable as much as possible. If its the original it is probably toasted. Not a whole lot you can do short of replacing it. You can bleed the line to make sure that there is no air in it.

dXsquared
11-28-2003, 05:55 PM
just replace it.. a clutch is like 100 bucks at Autozone, Pep Boyz or any autoparts store

Travis

4sillypwr
11-28-2003, 05:57 PM
2nd gen rexes do not have hydro clutches. You have a cable one. You don't have to worry about fluid at all. Follow the big cable that goes over the valve cover down to the tranny(it's just like your accord) adjust as needed. If it does not work I can answer more of your questions about the wonderful CRX. Try looking on resource.crx.org if you need to read a bit more about this problem. I'm 4sillypwr on that site as well.

-David

Tref_LXI
11-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Well I tightened the clutch cable, but i meant that I put transmission fluid into the transmission. I think the clutch is dead, so we will probably end up selling it for 300 bucks or so.

k-roy
11-28-2003, 08:09 PM
Too bad you are half way acroff the country or I would buy it, put in the clutch and sell it for a nice profit.

Tref_LXI
11-28-2003, 09:31 PM
well i would keep it if everything inside and outside was broken. My sister managed to break almost every single part in the car somehow.

4sillypwr
11-30-2003, 12:38 PM
changing the clutch in a Rex is easy. Its easier than a 3g. If you need some help just PM me. I know rexes much better than accords.

-David