PDA

View Full Version : Fixed headlight possibility...

zero.counter
11-28-2003, 06:47 PM
As some of you may know, when I first posted on this board, I asked if anyone had or may have modified a fixed light kit similar to the east bear kit available for the 240sx/Silvia for our accords.

I have lots of experience with fiberglass, MDF, carbon fiber, and other moldable structured materials. I am throwing around the idea of creating a cost-effective kit for our cars, with wiring harness, similar to the East Bear kit. I would need someone to donate the skeleton of their pop-up's housing so as I can work with something. Since this is my last semester before med-school, I will have the next couple of months to catch up on studying, shooting the breeze, playing with the kids, working on the project 240, and so on.

I would like to devote some time to this project and for the first time, would like to see a show of hands on the fellow members possibly interested.

Once I make the original molds and come up with a parts list, I can have a good, quality product available.

I will not devise a pricing scheme until I know the project is in full throttle and I have some big support.

Here is a pic of what I want it to look like:

http://store3.yimg.com/I/jspec_1768_7686823

zero.counter
11-28-2003, 06:50 PM
BTW, I have seen the lude and am also aware of the costs for that job.

bobafett
11-28-2003, 06:55 PM
i would be onboard for such a project.. depending on the look once they are implemented into the 3g it could be really sweet. something like this but maybe with marios idea of a sheild.. because the one thing i didnt like about the lude kit is how it just looks funny. i mean the lights themself look badass. i think it would be akward on the 3g without extensive bodywork. but maybe some quick photoshops will prove otherwise...

anyway i would definetly like to see this project go somewhere. and anything i can do to simplify wiring and get rid of those damn headlight motors would be a blessing.

zero.counter
11-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Well, that's one. Anyone else?

spanky5485
11-28-2003, 10:18 PM
im in if it looks good and is of a good quality

ryan

qh187
11-29-2003, 11:03 AM
^ i second that

HostileJava
11-29-2003, 03:19 PM
I'm on and I have the skeletons to donate from my hatch. Let me know.

HaccordR89
11-29-2003, 05:32 PM
i'm in pending pics of the lights on the car as well

HostileJava
11-30-2003, 11:46 AM
Any updates?

zero.counter
11-30-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by HostileJava
Any updates?
Sorry Bro! Yeah, PM me and we will talk about the skeletons, but only if you are not using them that is. :)

HaccordR89
11-30-2003, 06:09 PM
can you photoshop a pic of the lights all finished installed on the car so we can get a better look at the final results?

zero.counter
11-30-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by HaccordR89
can you photoshop a pic of the lights all finished installed on the car so we can get a better look at the final results?
No prob bob! :)

But, I have to remind you that I am very busy when I go home and cannot promise anything soon.

wprocomp
11-30-2003, 08:15 PM
I have an old housing man...you are more than welcome to have it...It may not be perfect but its all there...and I also have the eyelid too...

RobT5580
12-02-2003, 07:19 AM
I liked the prelude pictures and thought it was nice looking and might consider it based on the final product.

hkplayer
12-02-2003, 09:25 AM
That lighting would be wicked! And best of luck on your med school finals!

I cant say I can financially support such a project at this time, but I will definitely stayed tuned on this thread so when the day comes, I can contribute.

zero.counter
12-02-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by hkplayer
And best of luck on your med school finals!

Thanks bro! But I guess I may have stated it wrong. I am in my last semester of my biology degree. Next comes med-school, but after I take the MCAT next year so i can have a little break.

I will be getting the housings from WPROCOMP since he is closer and I can just pick up. Thanks Hostile, since you offered first I may have a little something for ya when this is all done and said! :)