PDA

View Full Version : It's Over - I Quit

it's paid for
11-29-2003, 06:01 AM
For those of you who haven't kept up with my project . . . I was goint to take an '83 Accord . . . have the head done . . . possibly the rings too . . . thought I could do this myself . . . got a Haynes manual . . . I was working on it this morning . . . the carb is off . . . I've removed the A/C system, power steering pump is tied up and part of the intake manifold nuts are off . . .

. . . if my life depended on it, I still couldn't possibly remove the crankshaft pulley . . . same with the intake manifold . . . there's like zero room to work on removing the nuts from the intake/exhaust manifold . . . sure, I can get a wrench on a nut . . . but there's no room to put any leverage on the wrench . . . and I was such a fool to think I could do this . . . I have spent so much time on this car and now, I'm much worse off than I was before I started . . . I simply don't have the tools, knowledge or patience to do this job . . . I do have a nice shop though . . .

. . . I'll be happy to take $400 for the car as is . . . but you'll have to haul it away . . . body & interior are in good shape . . . all the parts are here . . . all the fasteners are in labeled envelopes . . .

. . . could it possibly be that Honda's are just the most difficult engines in the world to work on?

. . . I'm probably going to be moving soon and there's no way this car is coming with me . . . guess I'll have to have a junk yard come over & pick it up . . .

(emoticon shooting one's brains out goes here)

k-roy
11-29-2003, 07:35 AM
:sadwave: Arrgh.
I need a house so I can park everything I want there. Damnit I want a clean 2G. Sorry I can't take it of your hands bro. I just found a 91 Integra in beyond bueatiful condition for that cost, minus a drivetrain.
Integra or a 2G? Integra or a 2G? Integra or a 2G? Sorry man not a tuff decision.

Oh yea, you should buy a 3G next. I guarentee they are easier to work on.

AZmike
11-29-2003, 10:34 AM
The Honda service manual shows that you remove the head with the intake manifold still attached. I'm not sure how I would have gotten my crankshaft pulley bolt off if I didn't have the 5 speed (a neighbor with air tools might have worked though).

mugenprelude86
11-29-2003, 10:50 AM
i've done to my prelude what you are doing to your accord, when i did it i was 17 and with a little time patience and research i got it done.. now what i ended up with in the end is an engine that I built.. memories that will never go away and when i can smoke guys with the motor that i built myself, no shop it feels that much better..

Sabz5150
11-29-2003, 11:10 AM
Put yer foot to it!!! Drop the car into 5th, get someone to hold the brakes hard, put your breaker bar on that bolt with it angled towards the front of the car, get on your butt, grab the frame and push that bad boy with your leg as hard as you can!

Worked for me.