PDA

View Full Version : this is war.

zchb9
11-29-2003, 12:53 PM
OK so i have an 87 accord. Theres a civic in town around same year not sure exactly. The guy who owns it has it pimped out. He thinks hes so cool and i wanna show him up. Anyone got any idea I could do to make my car stand out. Im running on highschool pay so it can't cost an outragous amount but im always up for a challenge. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Mike's89AccordLX
11-29-2003, 01:01 PM
Well do you want looks or speed? the only thing on my car that doesn't look stock is the hoodscoop. My car has beat a lot of cars that thought they were hot shit. So do you want it to look fast and get laughed at when they smoke you or do you want to be fast?

zchb9
11-29-2003, 01:16 PM
well im going for looks on the accord i got the speed on the ZX. His car is all looks. He's got a bokykit, rims, its on bags, nice system. etc. Not alot when it comes to performance though.

Mike's89AccordLX
11-29-2003, 01:29 PM
Well you pretty much answered your own question then. You will want to get a body kit a badass paint job. Clear corners, clear tails or all red tails, clear front bumper signals. Get a sleek spoiler. 88-91 prelude si spoiler or a 90-93 accord spoiler. Of you could always try and find a JDM spoiler like mine.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_69_full.jpg

Those are the red tails I was talking about before (candy apple red paint over the orange reflectors)

Here's my clear corners.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_67_full.jpg

Bloodlust will also have a set too.
If you want a set email me. It's spendy but the finished product is simply awesome.

k-roy
11-29-2003, 02:21 PM
I say its not gonna happen if you want it on the cheap. Sounds like he has over a grand on the exterior.

HaccordR89
11-29-2003, 03:09 PM
you can slam your car for under 200 if you do the work yourself, and clearling your corner lenses is free and easy, just remove them, take off the lens and theres an orange insert, just pop in out, use silicon to reseal the lens and put the bulb back in, you could buy blue bulbs for cheap and that would help even more. find someone selling some rims for cheap, i got my 17" 7 star enkies with tires for 600 flat from a friend selling them. they make a couple body kits for our cars but the whole kits going to run you in the high hundreds, then you would have to install it, unless you know what your doing i wouldn't suggest it, but if you look around you'll find some people have put they're own chin spoilers on there cars, i know theres a how to for that somewhere and it would be a lot cheaper. go to a junkyard for a spoiler and put it on yourself, tinting the windows always helps and paint your tails red, this will be a good start for you on your high school budget. but i would say screw the looks and go for speed, who cares if his old ass civic looks cool, they're still ugly cars and i don't think there's a thing you can do to them to make them look better than a stock 3 gee, earn your respect through spanking cars that wouldn't expect it

zchb9
11-29-2003, 08:50 PM
Thanks i figure that guy ahs alot more in his car than ill ever get but i want it to look nice enough to put it shows and stuff. Do you think id be better off selling accord and getting something else? I love to drive the car but if it will be easier I am willing to part.

Justin86
11-30-2003, 11:19 AM
Well I would talk to ICEMAN707. He is doing a lot of nice work with his 3G right now, but you need the money. As for the cheap mods they have been discussed, also 17" wheels if you don't have them and a cheap mod would be to repaint the interior. It will talk a little time but can be done for under $50.
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27133

zchb9
11-30-2003, 02:03 PM
When i say cheap i mean like under a k I pull in 400$ a month so in like 3 months if i saved and didn't just go waste i could have the money plus what i got saved.
On the other hand i was thinking about trying to get a newer accord or a prelude.

k-roy
11-30-2003, 03:16 PM
Do it all yourself. Tint is cheap, like 60 bucks. Get a can of VHT Nite-eyes and smokeout the tails and the front corners. You can get springs for like $120. Use Maguiars #1#2#3 to get a real good shine. Put a new front lip on. Pull off all the shiny trim and paint it black. Make it the cleanset car anyone has ever seen from the 80s. Then you can do some custom lighting, that is always good for some cheap bling bling. Get some of Pauls custom gauges and print them out yourself. www.pauldesign.ru