PDA

View Full Version : changing color of armrest, etc

g0ldfinGa
11-29-2003, 06:21 PM
i heard paint didnt work too well, and i tried painting mine myself and it didnt work, so i was bored and started coloring with one of those jumbo black permanent markers, and well it turned out really really good and looks like a new black armrest (it was blue)

johndej
11-29-2003, 06:23 PM
was it cloth or leather? i would think the marker would smear off on your arm/cloths over time.

g0ldfinGa
11-29-2003, 06:25 PM
um, not the top part, the part thats like dash, its kinda rubbery (spelling) the armrest is all black with the blue fabric on the top

johndej
11-29-2003, 06:27 PM
oic, i know most peeps around here redue the top part more often then the bottom.

g0ldfinGa
11-29-2003, 06:27 PM
it doesnt look like its gonna come off anytime soon, ill post pics when im done with my project, i flush mounted a switch for my neons in there, and then three lights, a green blue and red one to show voltage, so when i put my system in, the green will shut off with power drops below 14v, the blue will go off when power drops below 12v and the red will get brighter and brighter as it drops near 10-11

g0ldfinGa
11-29-2003, 06:29 PM
i also relocated the window switch, and im going to recover the door with new fabric, because i put a manual window regulator to replace my power one that died, but theres no hole or space for the handle that turns the window so i had to cut a hole in the door panel and take the drivers side arm rest and all that stuff off

the window switch im talking about it the main one that controls all 4 windows, it will be custom mounted near the ebreak

RobT5580
12-02-2003, 07:23 AM
Spray paint will stick if you do a lot of prep work. I used special paint made by SEM for plastic. It held up well in my other coupe but i could have done more prep work to make it stick better. Pearldrop had his accord painted white and when i talked to him back then it was still holding up perfect because he did a lot of prep work.

Vinny
12-02-2003, 07:57 AM
Robs right alot of it is in the prep work. Best thing going that you can just run out and buy is Krylon Fusion, its specially made for plastics. From what I read on the can theres no special prep needed.