PDA

View Full Version : I dont know what the hell!!!!!!!

mmafiak
11-29-2003, 10:00 PM
:wtf: I dont even know where to ask, I have a 86 accord dx.carb, and for the last week i have had to park the car becouse when i would be driving down the road my car would just bogg and die then it would start back up then do it again 2miles down the road I changed the air filter, fuel filters,the plug's,wires,dist.cap,therm, and i dont know what else it could be any help please.

thanx [email protected]

A20A1
11-30-2003, 03:20 AM
It could be a distributor problem... Internal... like the ignitor wires or the stator to reluctor gap.

The reluctor is under the rotor. The gap I'm refering to is here (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21664)

Also check the wires inside the distributor... and make sure you battery cables are secure. You haven't overheated have you?

Also check the choke...

shepherd79
11-30-2003, 05:43 AM
did you check your vacuum lines?

dysiu
11-30-2003, 10:50 AM
When mine did that it was a fuel pump. When the car dies, check little window on the side of the carb. If you don't see the gas level in about the middle of this window, it means that it's not getting gas. With new fuel filters this would have to be a pump. New one will be about $100 but I just got nice one from a junk yard for $15. It's not difficult to replace it.