PDA

View Full Version : ok, i have a simple question

KoNEY
11-30-2003, 12:31 AM
ok, before i get flamed, someone help me. im only asking because i dont want to bother getting new bulbs. ok, i recently blacked out my "eyebrows" on my car, like the little grille in the hood, the "brows" on the lights, and the corner housing. well, what i already know is, the orange reflectors on the corners have lights behind them, there are also lights in the actual corner. well, when i purchased my 88 lx, the only light that worked was the driver's side corner light, it came on when the light switch in the car was rotated one click. the other corner light nor either of the reflector lights ever worked. so i took each housing off the car, and removed all bulbs. but what i want to know is, if anyone actually has bulbs in their reflectors, and if they can tell me if they blink when the blinkers are turned on, because i know the actual corner light didnt. trust me, id rather get flamed on here than go spend more dinero on some bulbs to see if i can do something.
thanks

kicker1_solo
11-30-2003, 12:50 AM
The actual corner light does not blink, it just lights up. The blinker bulbs, behind the amber lense on the corner light is the only part that blinks.

Justin86
11-30-2003, 11:07 AM
how hard is it to turn on your blinkers and get out of the car and look??????

HaccordR89
11-30-2003, 06:50 PM
seriously, and if your worried about time, we also have hazard lights so you can see if both sides work

KoNEY
12-01-2003, 08:48 PM
no, read the question COMPLETELY and be sure you UNDERSTAND all parts before replying, it'll make you appear smarter to me.
thanks

Dibbs
12-02-2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by KoNEY
no, read the question COMPLETELY and be sure you UNDERSTAND all parts before replying, it'll make you appear smarter to me.
thanks

:lol

The noob made me laugh early in the morning. Thanks!

I know I had some trouble completely understanding what you wrote. Maybe it's a problem with terminology or just a lack of a visual aid. I'd bet some pics of what you're talking about might help.

chriskatana
12-02-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Justin86
how hard is it to turn on your blinkers and get out of the car and look??????

Originally posted by HaccordR89
seriously, and if your worried about time, we also have hazard lights so you can see if both sides work

READ... you both probably could have answered the question if you;d actually read it. He says the bulbs are out and has no way of telling if they flash or not.. doesn't want to spend money on new bulbs before he finds the answer to this question.

The answer to your question is YES, the reflector bulbs flash when the blinker is on, they flash alternately with the bumper turn signal lights. the corner lights do not flash.

3rd GEN
12-02-2003, 09:52 AM
The answer to your question is YES, the reflector bulbs flash when the blinker is on, they flash alternately with the bumper turn signal lights. the corner lights do not flash.

and there you have it....end of disscussion