PDA

View Full Version : Need Better Heat

BIGEEZ
11-30-2003, 01:05 PM
I GOT A QUESTION. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET BETTER HEAT IN THE MIDDLE VENTS. ALL IT DOES IS GIVES COOL AIR. :huh:

'89AccordLX(Rus)
11-30-2003, 03:10 PM
If your center vent has a little switch in the middle, try moving it to the opposite position. I believe the blue arrow means cold air, and the white means hot air. Just a thought.

chiller670
11-30-2003, 08:27 PM
I kind of got the same problem but not really, the passenger side foot is ice cold while the drivers is nice and hot. The only way to get it even warm is to recycle the air but that eventually foggs up the window. Been like that since i got the car 5 years ago so anyone got any suggestions???

danronian
12-01-2003, 10:28 AM
Try taking apart the underdash vent system and see if anything is clogging it up. That would be a pain but is the only way.

A reply to:
I GOT A QUESTION. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET BETTER HEAT IN THE MIDDLE VENTS. ALL IT DOES IS GIVES COOL AIR.

Mine do the same thing and that switch does nothing. Just turn it to vent and heat comes out of it. Otherwise it will be cold until you take the dash off and fix the linkage which I believe fell off. (but if you flip the switch and warm air results, nevermind)

BIGEEZ
12-02-2003, 02:30 PM
thank you for your info:super:

Bloodlust
12-02-2003, 03:00 PM
I dont even use the heat button. I find that it is very cold all the time. I just put on the vent, put the temp all the way on hot, and put on fresh and you got nice hot air right in your face. Open up the side vents and it double blasts you.

danronian
12-02-2003, 08:47 PM
I like the heat since it warms my feet and the vent only warms my face. I always have the heat on, I just point the center vent up and away from me and close the side vents. I love the heat that car has. My malibu's heat sucked. It only came out a little bit at the center of the floor and the switch only works on high about 1/3 of the time (a $35 relay is broke that I just dont care to replace.) I remember my dad's explorer's t-stat was stuck open for a few years and finally he replaced it, but when it was like that it took 30 minutes for the heat to work, that sucked majorly when you sat in the back.