PDA

View Full Version : sub sounds blown...but isn't

HaccordR89
11-30-2003, 07:02 PM
i have 2 12" RF in a bandpass box. everything was fine with them until one day i opened the trunk and the subs sounded blown...you know the sound of a blown sub. you couldn't tell from inside the car at all though. anyway, i came to the conclusion that it was the left sub so i disconnected it for the time being until i could get a new one, but the problem was still there, so tried disconecting the right one but it was still there, im assuming there has to be something wrong with the box, but since i don't know shit about bandpass boxes i was hoping maybe someone could let me know what they think is up and how to solve this annoying problem. i like to show off my system but when everytime i open the trunk it sounds like shit and thats embarassing you know. any help would be awesome:wtf: :werd:

dXsquared
11-30-2003, 07:16 PM
sell or give away that box, get a sealed box made to spec... or even a ported box, but make shur you get a sub sonic filter to protect your subs in a ported box

HaccordR89
11-30-2003, 10:27 PM
what's a sub sonic filter, i've never heard of that...and the subs used to sound great, so i would prefer to find the problem and fix it then make or buy a new box

POS carb
12-01-2003, 08:42 AM
if it sounds "blown" then you probably have a bad seal somewhere, whether the ports are loose and hitting something, or the glass is cracked or missing screws, many factors can cause a nasty sound. Usually blown subs don't sound at all and they stink up your box and trunk like burn hair or something. I'm going to go with the loose ports on this one

HaccordR89
12-07-2003, 09:04 PM
i know it's not the ports, i pulled them out. but i'll check all the screwes and everything and see what i can find. thanks

A Dawg Jr
12-10-2003, 12:23 PM
maybe a different situation, but the same thing happened to me, and it ended up I switched the + and - 's up on a friends sub... doesn't sound like that's the case here though

HaccordR89
12-10-2003, 06:33 PM
nope...i haven't looked at it yet but im guessing there's some loose screws somewhere. at least i hope that's all it it. i really don't want to build or buy a new box