PDA

View Full Version : getting rid of vibration

89cordlx
11-30-2003, 09:26 PM
I bought this can of rubberized paint thats supposed to be used on roofs to seal them. and I was wondering if I could use that to paint some of the metal where the back speakers are (maybe even my door panels)? since I have vibrations from when the speakers hit hard. Does anyone have any other suggestions or ideas on this?

danronian
12-01-2003, 10:02 AM
It will insulate and keep sound from entering the car a bit for the doors, but won't stop vibrations. I wouldnt go that way, mainly b/c that stuff is so messy and smelly. Your car will smell for a few months, and if you get that on anything fabric it will never come off. I used it on my wheelwells and it worked well to keep the roadnoise down. I would only recommend using it on the floor or wheelwells.

89cordlx
12-01-2003, 10:27 AM
allright, thanks. The shitty part about this stuff is that it's white, so after I out on a coat or 2 I will have to spray paint it black

danronian
12-01-2003, 10:39 AM
If you spray it under your car, and you don't show the bottom of your car off, no-one will EVER know. I "painted" the bottom of my malibu with three cans of fiberglass fibered tar based roof sealant and the thing is so quiet that you can barely hear the v8 (with headers) through the dual exhaust underneath. But if you really care, just get some 99 cent flat black spray paint and mist it a little bit after it dries.