PDA

View Full Version : New Pioneer HU ??

RL89LXi
06-27-2002, 09:34 AM
I installed my new Pioneer DEH-P7400MP last night and it all went fine. Only tricky part was getting the kit crutchfield sent to work. However, when I started my car up, I realized that the green lighting for the gauge cluster is now off. Turn signals still light up in the cluster and other lights in the car (interior/exterior) work fine, just the lights which light up the gas guage, mph, rpm, etc dont work. I'm going to disconnect the dimmer wire on the HU and see what that does tonight. Any ideas on what it could be would be appreciated. This HU really rocks. Already puts out much tighter bass and clearer everything than my old Aiwa CDC-MP3. Definitely worth the money. Also, if anyone else has this headunit, any recommendations on settings for the EQ and such? I havent messed with it yet, so I was just wondering if there were any tricks to it.

-Rob

pimp86LX
06-27-2002, 12:24 PM
hmmm your tail lights work fine?
when my gauge cluster went the tail lights did too, it turned out to be th #14 fuse under that change box thing....thats all i know

PEACE:smokin:

RL89LXi
06-27-2002, 05:22 PM
pimp, you are a genius. That's exactly what it was. Now the lights are working fine. Thanks a lot for the help man. Damn this forum is way too good.

-Rob

Vanilla Sky
06-27-2002, 06:16 PM
you still got that old aiwa??? my mom's car needs an upgrade

Derick