PDA

View Full Version : CV Joint Issue

RL89LXi
06-27-2002, 10:38 AM
Well 2 nights ago, the left front CV joint blew out and after getting it towed to the mechanic, the upper control arm was damaged too. Luckily the CV joint broke while I was parked so no one was hurt or anything. This is the third time this joint has broken though which seems very strange. The mechanic is getting pissed because it is now twice that I have gotten the work done for free under warrantee, so I'm guessing it's not their fault. Does anyone have any idea as to why this problem keeps happening? Everything is fixed and feels fine now, so hopefully it stays in good condition for a while.

-Rob

Jerren
06-27-2002, 04:10 PM
This has happened to me too. The way i fixed it is:

1. I took my car to a diff. shop.
2. The new mechanic told me that the guy (at car x) gave me some shitty cv joints
3. I never went back to car X

I suggest you stop going to the place where you go now.

RL89LXi
06-27-2002, 05:20 PM
That would make sense, however seeing as it has a warrantee from this place, I get it fixed there for free whenever it happens, so I dont see why they would keep giving me poor quality parts if each time it's coming out of their wallet. We'll see how this one works out.

-Rob

RobT5580
06-27-2002, 05:43 PM
Maybe after he fixes it so many times he will use a better part. I hate bad mechanics and there are a lot of them out their. I doubt it is anything you are doing i mean maybe if you had a engine swap and you were driving really hard but i have never broke an axle on my 3 accords. It was probably a rebuilt part like Firestone used on my car and charged me $300 to do just the drivers side. That was before i worked on my own cars so i paid way to much for the repair.

Jerren
06-27-2002, 05:55 PM
mine were under a warranty as well. but i said fuck it if they were gonna keep giving me shitty parts. who cares if its free. its still a shitty part. and it could cost you your car or maybe even your life in the long run.