PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Removal Memoirs

RL89LXi
06-27-2002, 10:43 AM
I'm planning on removing the power steering soon and just wanted to make sure before I do it that I wont be asking for problems down the road. Can anyone who has done it just let me know if they have had any problems whatsoever with steering since then? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Rob

-PS - sorry if this question has been asked a lot, I just want to be absolutely sure before I do anything.

CARBurn
07-01-2002, 12:25 AM
Done it a month ago and have been enjoying it ever since.

There were some accords made with a manual rack that I am searching for to replace what I have now.

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-01-2002, 12:42 AM
Heheh....you peeps are crazy, LOL :lol :D I drove a truck without PS for 2 years and, even though I loved the truck ('94 Ford Ranger), I couldn't wait to get a vehicle with PS. :lol

Nah, I know why ya'll want to ditch it. I'm just too lazy to actually put forth some effort to turn at slow speeds, heh:D

PA88ACCORD
07-01-2002, 08:28 AM
When you remove you PS what did you plug the holes in the steering rack with?

CARBurn
07-01-2002, 07:31 PM
Nothing, I just opened them up and pumped all the fluid out. Then I
reconnected them. I believe it was like four lines I unscrewed to drain the fluid.

The lines connected the the reservoir, since I removed it, I just took a screw type clamp and placed a bolt in the hole and tighted the clamp around the bolt to plug it.