PDA

View Full Version : Racing seat info

jmjrdh1
12-02-2003, 09:37 AM
I would like to increase the front legroom in my 89 coupe. If I put in racing seats, will legroom increase, decrease or stay the same?

Is there a way to increase front legroom?

For those with racing seats, what kind do you have and what did they cost?

Thanks

crwa
12-02-2003, 10:30 AM
i have Sparco's in mine and the brackets i had made lets me put the seats all the way into the rear seat, so thats is one way, but then you can't reach the steering wheel...

The shop I got them from hooked me up with them for $230 each, which is actually less then what Sparco sells them for direct... Usually they are around $270 to $400, it depends on the shop...

A20A1
12-02-2003, 02:09 PM
You can alway bolt the seat further down on the bracket so you need to adjust it less to move it back. It depends though on the brackets you get.

deadlight
12-02-2003, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't get racing seats just for more legroom, you're better off moving the bracket back or something, racing seats usually aren't the most practical choice if you drive for long periods of time, they really aren't going to help you much unless you have a higher performance car or like putting your car on 2 wheels around corners, because at that point stock seats are gonna let you slide over to the passenger seat.

Morpheus
12-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by jmjrdh1
I would like to increase the front legroom in my 89 coupe. If I put in racing seats, will legroom increase, decrease or stay the same?

Is there a way to increase front legroom?

For those with racing seats, what kind do you have and what did they cost?

Thanks

NSX?! You have one? pics please.

How could you possibly need more legroom? I'm 6'7" and I sometimes move the seat up a couple notches. :D

kicker1_solo
12-02-2003, 06:50 PM
I have some recaro knockoffs :)

crwa
12-11-2003, 07:25 PM
I have real Sparco's... :) In yur face kicker... JK... Dude, did you buy that bronze teg? I though the old owner got in broken into and some stuff got messed up...