PDA

View Full Version : Viva la Deadlight!

k-roy
12-02-2003, 01:56 PM
I know the decision to ban Deadlight was by the mods and they did have a discussion first. I fully respect their decision, he was in clear violation of the rules. I believe he should be given another chance. He was just flaming a troll. I did the same thing, only I was smart and edited my post like 2 minutes before a moderator got in on the post. So I guess I got lucky.

Here is the thread he got banned over.
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26099&highlight=moon+eyes

Again I have full respect for Marc and all of the Administrators and Moderators. I would just like to see Deadlight reinstated on a *probationary* basis.

edit-- Ok English has always been a low grade subject for me. I can speak and write and that is all I care about. I am kickass at Math, Bio and History though

sporkHSP
12-02-2003, 02:04 PM
I think we all would have pitched in if we saw the post, he was defending us... He went overboard yes, but his comments were the same comments that we all would have made if we would have posted on that thread. Let him come back home

MrBen
12-02-2003, 02:05 PM
He was banned. Get over it and stop posting/creating "whore" posts about this. It is pointless. If the mods decision wasn't final, they would not have banned him. End of story.

i.c.
12-02-2003, 02:05 PM
IT WAS SO FUNNY back in the day it seems...when kroy and deadlight went on there whoring sprees...

Bloodlust
12-02-2003, 02:07 PM
Sure give him another chance, but to be perfectly honest, I wont lose any sleep if he is given another chance or not. But he was a entertaining at times...

buzzbomber88lx
12-02-2003, 02:23 PM
he was the only other member from 3geez from kansas and now it's only me again. that sucks! also everyone knew he was joking. At least he didnt threaten and piss people off as often as nate. but mods are the judges and the uber power so it's up to them to be the supreme court on this one.

Dibbs
12-02-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Bloodlust
Sure give him another chance, but to be perfectly honest, I wont lose any sleep if he is given another chance or not. But he was a entertaining at times...

:werd: I'm with Bloodlust.

Kroy, I applaud you for doing this. What's the worst that could happen? They say no? I guess they could wig out like Ghetto did (like what he said actually is actually going to affect someone's day) but then again, the Mods don't have anyone to impress now do they? Anyway, I know the Mods will make a good decision whether we like it or not.

accordlxi2.0
12-02-2003, 02:44 PM
yea. i would feel the same if some guy come talking about running over your honda.
and then the other guy with the nissan dissing our cars.
that what pisses me off ; like the last two cars i raced, altima (lx) cougar(lxi).
they look like : i can take out this piece of shit, then they are so surprised as hell they can't look at me.

Bloodlust
12-02-2003, 02:48 PM
I think it was the death threat that really pissed the mods off. I mean I remember this troll named Boosted Boiee or something who claimed to own Visions of Excellence and I went off on the guy. Some things that deadlight said reminded me of the things that i said, but the only thing different was I never said I would kill him. Yes, he went overboard, but ive heard worse things said on this board. I think as long as he apologizes to the mods they might just bring him back. But im not in any crusade or anything, just putting my two cents in.

NXRacer
12-02-2003, 02:53 PM
Kroy, dont get your panties in a bunch because your butt buddy got banned........ :flipa:

he didnt bring anything helpful to the board, so he wont be missed as much as somebody who contributed useful information to the board. (like matt.......:D )

k-roy
12-02-2003, 03:09 PM
Sorry but I am not trying to start a whore thread. I am not getting my panites in a bunch or anything. Doeadlight has been harassing me to start a thread about bringing him back. He was always good for a laugh around here.

zero.counter
12-02-2003, 03:19 PM
I think that the subject is not open for discussion, at least from what I have seen. He was funny, but shit happens I guess. Kroy , probationary bro, probationary...

blazin3gen
12-02-2003, 03:22 PM
yea hes banned a second chance no i dont think so i he gets a second chance then nate gets a second chance and so does Matt, u know that aint gonna happed so live with it...

Vanilla Sky
12-02-2003, 03:57 PM
nate had several second chances... and matt had been warned a whole lot... i haven't payed much attention to anything that deadlight has said, but i really haven't noticed any difference with him gone...

i.c.
12-02-2003, 04:03 PM
holy crap...this thread hasn't been closed yet......how can you guys be mean to someone who you don't even know just cause he was trying to have a little fun ?

Sean
12-02-2003, 04:18 PM
well the reason this thread hasnt been closed to date is becuase its all been fairly mundane and mature conversation. if it degrades into whoring i will assure it will be closed and memebers out of line will see action taken.

HondaSi88
12-02-2003, 05:21 PM
if a person is banned or whatever can't they just reg with another name?
Getting Banned on a car website is..........

88LXi68
12-02-2003, 05:24 PM
why bring back deadlight? What has he contributed to this board. If anyone should be brought back it should be Mike or Matt like some call him. He has accomplished more than deadlight ever will and his swap experience is something than cant be replaced.

Vinny
12-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Personally I could care less one way or the other. I do agree with the members who feel that if he comes back then Mike/matt and nate should come back as well. Well let me give you a hint. Matt and Nate aren't comming back so that should tell you what chance deadlight has of comming back

BMS
12-02-2003, 06:09 PM
I think that what he did on that particular thread was awesome. Like I said in another post, that's probably the same thing that I would have done. I don't think the ban is permanent just from that one thread, I think it's more like that one thread got him banned, and then everything before that was piled onto the list and that is why it became permanent. Either way though, he was pretty damn funny sometimes.

cdscowboy
12-02-2003, 06:26 PM
I personally don't see any reason to keep him off the board. I mean, I don't contribute much, but you keep me around :D There's always going to be someone causing a bit of a ruckus, so why not a seasoned veteran?? :) I don't think he was serious about his death threat...I can't imagine he would be. He was sticking up for his feelings and those on this board. Yes, he probably did go overboard, but there's others that go overboard that don't get banned. Some people are bigger assholes and don't get banned (not going to name names).

Bring the bloke back!

3G Jester
12-02-2003, 08:06 PM
matt wasnt given a second chance becasue he had his credit card out ready to buy plae tix to go take a gun to inabj's head.

i personaly kinda miss the antics with kroy and dead. they made a good team. hahaha i havent seen whores like that since carmen electra and pam anderson were in their primes

zero.counter
12-02-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 3g Jester
matt wasnt given a second chance becasue he had his credit card out ready to buy plae tix to go take a gun to inabj's head.
Really?? I wonder what possibly could have brought that on? :stick:

sporkHSP
12-02-2003, 08:18 PM
who will Kroy whore with?...now hes all alone...

MilTownSHO
12-02-2003, 08:47 PM

HOLY COW! :eek: I really missed something, but I'm thinking that was before my time

deadlight
12-03-2003, 12:17 AM
My head hurts...man, well, I guess we've learned a lesson today children, threatening to kill someone will get you banned.

k-roy
12-03-2003, 02:41 AM
i personaly kinda miss the antics with kroy and dead. they made a good team. hahaha i havent seen whores like that since carmen electra and pam anderson were in their primes

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

cubert
12-03-2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by cdscowboy
I but there's others that go overboard that don't get banned. Some people are bigger assholes and don't get banned (not going to name names).:werd:

87accordlxi
12-03-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Dibbs
but then again, the Mods don't have anyone to impress now do they?

Now that's not true. How good will this board be if nobody likes the moderators? Mutual respect between mods and members is important.

I liked Deadlight, but he went over the edge. Matt was banned for the same reason. If we allow Deadlight back, then we will have to allow everyone else that was banned back on the board, and it will defeat the point of banning and enforcing our rules. And it's impossible to catch every single post that breaks the rules, so that's why that handy little "Report this post to a moderator" link is in the bottom right corner.

Dibbs
12-03-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by 87accordlxi
Now that's not true. How good will this board be if nobody likes the moderators? Mutual respect between mods and members is important.

I couldn't agree more. I think it's great that the Mods feel that way too.

Originally posted by Dibbs
but then again, the Mods don't have anyone to impress now do they?

That quote wasn't aimed at the moderators. :D

deadlight
12-03-2003, 06:48 AM
Alright, sorry if I add to any confusion since I don't really know what's going on, but isn't Matt the guy with Symbols for a name? He's still here, or at least it doesn't say he's banned.

k-roy
12-04-2003, 12:55 AM
He looks banned, or maybe I am misreading.

http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/banned.bmp

blazin3gen
12-04-2003, 01:01 AM
no because before he still had the Foundation Member logo under his name

88accordhatchdx
12-04-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by blazin3gen
no because before he still had the Foundation Member logo under his name
:werd:

deadlight
12-04-2003, 01:02 AM
Yeah, I see a foundation member sign. Wtf?

k-roy
12-04-2003, 01:03 AM
Damn guys, clear your cache, histories and cookies once every few months.

blazin3gen
12-04-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by blazin3gen
no because before he still HAD the Foundation Member logo under his name

;)

MIK3
12-05-2003, 08:01 PM
Geeze. Come to think of it, I always wondered where that little pink street fighter thing went. Can anyone inform me as to why and how he got banned, I missed it completely.

On a more serious note, I'm sure we can all agree that when someone get's banned, who has as many posts as matt had, it is sad. Yet, we learn that him being banned was the right thing due to their bad decisions. I agree with how deadlight was banned. And it was a good point brought up by Joe that if we bring one back, we'd have to bring them all back. Mods have a position, and I think that they are fulfilling it to their ability. This board would be mayhem if it weren't for them. We cannot ignore situations to where threats were made, be it to a member, or a spammer. A threat is still a threat, whether it was on a serious note or not. And that's why I agree with what the mods have done in this scenario. I just think that the whole ban thing that has happened to past members was so dramatic to some of these members because it occurs so seldom. Being that it does not occur often, members tend to react with more emphasis then if bans happened on a daily basis. I believe that if I was a moderator and had the choice of banning deadlight at the scene, I can't really tell if I would or not. There would be way to many things that I would have to consider...and that's why I think that being a moderator is so hard and is a position only suited for those who know they can take control in a fair, reasonable, and intelligent way. So I give credit not for the ban of deadlight, but to the moderators of this board for holding it up to the pressure of banning someone and stepping up to the plate. If bans didn't take place, people wouldn't be aware...that's as simple as it is people.

Alright, I'm done...don't fall asleep.

i.c.
12-06-2003, 12:32 PM
whatever happened to inabj or whatever his name is..

MIK3
12-06-2003, 03:50 PM
He's still online all the time. I don't know what happened to him to where if he is still a member of 3geez or not anymore.

maka_RTH
12-06-2003, 10:38 PM
I voted let him back, cuz i do like humor(i loved nate's comments), but i do agree with the mods that they need to enforce it, or everyone has to get unbanned. somebody needs to keep this community civilized. go mods! :super:

od2681
12-06-2003, 10:57 PM
so if you get banned, you get banned for life???

k-roy
12-06-2003, 11:14 PM
It appears so

Do you guys even know what Nate got banned for?

He posted a thread, I responded and 5 minutes later it was gone and he got banned.

87accordlxi
12-06-2003, 11:26 PM
Banned is Banned for life. No matter what username you use, YOU are banned.

Matt was banned for threatening to kill someone, on top of being warned repeatedly for his lack of respect for others.

Deadlight was banned for threatening to kill another member.

Nate was banned for repeatedly posting offensive images, as well as rampant disrespect towards members, causing him to be banned numerous times in the past. He never figured that we were serious.

We do not forget. And all of the disciplinary actions that the Administration takes is documented in our forum.

k-roy
12-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Wow. You really laid down the law Joe, nicely done.

MIK3
12-07-2003, 02:02 PM
Yeah Kroy, your lucky you missed out on why Nate got banned. It was definately something you would have loved to pass up. And that's as far indetail as I want to go as to why he got banned.

k-roy
12-07-2003, 02:47 PM
I did'nt miss out. I saw the thread that nate was banned for. I thought it was funny, but it was way over the line. I posted a reply, five minutes later it was gone and he was banned.

MIK3
12-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Ah. I misread your post. I thought you were asking us what happend to him in order for him to be banned...my bad. Haha

deadlight
12-07-2003, 09:02 PM
I heard about that one, I think he probably should've been banned for it, but it's funny nonetheless. :lol

BMS
12-09-2003, 10:42 PM
So what's the verdict on the original topic then?

EvilPenciler
12-09-2003, 10:49 PM
isnt it just a ip and username ban?

maka_RTH
12-09-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by EvilPenciler
isnt it just a ip and username ban?
yah, i'd think you could easily hop on another comp and use a different e-mail and username and easily be back on...

deadlight
12-10-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by 87accordlxi
Banned is Banned for life. No matter what username you use, YOU are banned.

Nate was banned for repeatedly posting offensive images, as well as rampant disrespect towards members, causing him to be banned numerous times in the past. He never figured that we were serious.

You said this guy was banned several times, but you also say banned is banned for life, so how'd he come back? :confused: