PDA

View Full Version : B20A Flywheel, the truth is out there!

Gregg86DX
12-03-2003, 09:28 AM
Hello all!

I have good news and bad news...

The good news: I have located a B20A 5 speed tranny and it is paid for and shipping soon!

The bad news: I need to locate a flywheel and clutch/pplate.

I have read every thread I can find on the topic of B20A Flywheel and there is a lot of good info, but not a conclusive answer. I am asking for information from anyone who has actually worked on one of these and has factual information.

I know the B20A5 flywheel and clutch assembly will work, but may require grinding the tranny case. I'd rather not do this! I really want to source a setup that will not require the grinding.

Does anyone have the part number for the correct JDM B20A flywheel?

Has anyone succesfully used USDM parts without the grinding?

To all you folks with B20A's out there, please step up and describe what setup you are using.

Any help is appreciated!

Gregg

RobT5580
12-03-2003, 12:16 PM
Well i assume your reffering to Mike Lee's situation on grinding down the bell housing. One thing i did notice is he said it was a SOHC prelude flywheel so maybe that is why. I remember i was messing with an A20A3 flywheel and comparing it to the b20a one and i know it didnt fit but looked like the same bolt pattern but the pilot stub didnt fit if i remember correctly. So the B20A5 may actually work w/o grinding the bell housing.

Gregg86DX
12-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Rob,

I assume the 2 B20A setups you have both came with flywheels? What clutch are you planning to use?

Thanks,

Gregg

RobT5580
12-03-2003, 03:10 PM
I actually went on a search for an aftermarket lightened flywheel and ran into yasu's post and it says its a B20A5 flywheel so maybe im wrong. I have one flywheel and spituning screwed me out of the other but at the time i didnt care because my bottom end from mike lee and the tranny from spituning got stuck in customs for about 2 months. So i will have to look into it further for my second B20A but i was thinking of getting a lightened one for my turbo setup if i can find one. As for clutch im planning on using an ACT for the B20A5 but still not sure what level because its gonna be a street car.

mykwikcoupe
12-03-2003, 08:01 PM
I have done the same probably not as much research as rob. I have a act clutch kit model ho19x. I believe its for the b20a5. I am planning on using it with my b20a turbo. I have been assured that it will work as a bolt in but havent actually checked the parts side to side personally. Hope this helps alittle. I am with rob on the flywheel. A lightened aluminum even with a little machine work to fit peerfect will still be good.

RobT5580
12-04-2003, 08:40 AM
I swore i say a company that made one but i cannot find it. I will look further into it when i get some time in a week or so cause im working on finals for next week.

toastyghost
12-04-2003, 11:26 AM
fidanza does
their site is aluminumflywheels.com

RobT5580
12-05-2003, 10:21 AM
Yeah but thats for the 88-89 and it shows a size difference between them so i dont know which one is correct.

Sean
12-05-2003, 01:22 PM
spec make a aluminum flywheel or the b20 in 1988 in the usdm preludes so pick up the phone and give them a ring.

RobT5580
12-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Fidanza makes them as well for the 88-89 but it shows a size difference between the 88-89 and 90-91. Also looking at clutches the part numbers differ and the one i want is only made for the 90-91 so i will have to look into it more.

Sean
12-05-2003, 09:02 PM
id think they might have changed the input shaft splin count or something of that nature.

RobT5580
12-06-2003, 09:15 AM
Iv been doing a lot of research on a prelude forum and it seems to me that we have a 210mm flywheel which is the same as the 88-89 preludes. And fidanza does have that application available. But if it was a 90-91 prelude flywheel 220mm we could use the B16-B18 parts except for friction disc. But it seems that its the 88-89 since carotman did verify the pp/disc bolted up to our flywheels.

So i will keep you guys posted on any new information i come across.

-Ok i decided to go measure my B20A flywheel and if im not a mistaken i converted the mm to inches and it comes out as:
210mm=8.4 inches
220mm=8.8 inches

and i came up with 8 1/2 inches=8.4 on the flywheel so that would be right that we have a 210mm flywheel which is the 88-89.

hoppy
12-06-2003, 12:13 PM
I have a JDM B20a flywheel. I''ll let it go for $80 CDN.

Do you want it? I'm not sure what shipping will be

-Sean

RobT5580
12-07-2003, 01:16 PM
Ok just a little more info from carotman, he said the 88-89 B20A5 is identical to the B20A flywheel except the ring gear location. So im gonna pursue my research on the B16 flywheel because that would open more doors for us.

88LXi68
12-07-2003, 07:21 PM
Rob there are a couple of guys on Hondatech selling an LS flywheel for cheap like $40.

RobT5580
12-07-2003, 07:36 PM
Thanks steve iv been finding more and more about this all week but it looks like mike lee used the 90-91 B20A5 flywheel which was the problem with it hitting the bell housing since it is 10mm's larger than the 88-89. The do make the fidanza for the 88-89 but they dont make the clutch kit i want/really need for my setup w/o me going into a 4 or 6 puck which i really dont want. When i get some time i want to look furthur into it but im gonna just have to try the flywheel if thats the case. So i may just use the 88-89 and try to find a clutch that will work or call ACT to see if they can help me out.

carotman
12-07-2003, 09:25 PM
Ok, I've been away for a couple of days and Missed a bit of this thread (tough I took the time to answer Rob's questions hehe)

I got my hands on a B20A5 (88-89) flywheel and I compared it to the JDM B20A wheel. Everything on those flywheel is identical except that the ring gear on the B20A5 if located more towards the tranny case, which causes a bit of rubbing. Everything else is the same (thickness, diameter offset)

The 90-91 are larger and even without measuring them you can tell right away.

I haven't tried yet to install the B20A5 flywheel on the engine to see if it rubs ben when I test-fit it on the Tranny it sure rubs. Howeverm the JDM B20A flywheel also rubs when placed on the tranny but does not rub when bolted to the engine. I will get my hands on a spare B20A engine soon and I'll be able to make more tests.

Feel free to do those tests before me :D

RobT5580
12-08-2003, 12:37 PM
Im thinking when the B20A5 is bolted up it would be fine because if the B20A one rubs when not bolted up then it cant be in the proper location. One of my B20A's came complete with clutch and all so i know it fits.

I guess the only question i have for you carot is do you think the A20A3 Auto starter will mate with the ring gear when assembled? Is the ring gear closer to the transmission or the engine?

I dont think this is gonna be a problem cause one of the guys in California that did it used the B20A5 (assuming the 88-89) and said it worked perfect.

carotman
12-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Yeah I think the starter will work fine.

I really got to try the flywheel bolted to the engine.

I'm sure that some of they guys here didn't know that the B20A starter (auto or manual) is the S-A-M-E as the Auto A20A tranny

RobT5580
12-08-2003, 03:46 PM
I have a B20A starter but when they ripped the cable off they broke open the housing and took the terminal with it. So im just gonna get a new Auto A20A3 starter since everything else is gonna be new. The starters is somewhat different from the 5spd starter so i tried swapping parts out but dont remember where i left off with that other than i didnt finish it.

Gregg86DX
12-09-2003, 12:19 PM
If the ring gear does turn out to be an issue, I wonder how hard it would be to actually move the ring gear. It would be interesting to compare them side-by-side and see if the ring gear could be moved or even slightly milled.

The pictures I saw of the B20A transmission that had been ground for clearence (the one Yasu had), was clearly interfering with the pressure plate, not the ring gear. That tells me there is a thickness issue, either with the flywheel or the pressure plate. In either case, the position of the ring gear should not matter.

Hoppy, I would like to buy your flywheel, and if I do, I'll try to track down a B20A5 flywheel and do some comparing and testing. I also have a buddy that is going to give me a B16 flywheel to play with.

Gregg

Originally posted by RobT5580
Ok just a little more info from carotman, he said the 88-89 B20A5 is identical to the B20A flywheel except the ring gear location. So im gonna pursue my research on the B16 flywheel because that would open more doors for us.

mykwikcoupe
12-09-2003, 07:32 PM
If the findanza weighs in at 7.5 lbs for the 88-89 lude. How much does the stock b20a or b20a5 weight in at. Dont have access to one thanks guys.

Gregg86DX
01-20-2004, 12:46 PM
I just wanted to update this thread since I don't want to leave it hanging. Based on the info provided and other research I have done (mostly on the internet), I have decided to go with the 1988-1989 Prelude 2.0si (B20A5) flywheel. I bought a used one yesterday for $40 and I will be ordering a clutch soon. I'll post the final results of this, once I have all the parts assembled and tested.

Gregg86DX
01-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Ok, I bought a clutch (Exedy for an 88 prelude SI) and bolted everything together. The bad news: it rubs. The good news: it's just a slight rub that should be easy to clearance. I have attached some pics to show the area that rubs.
http://gregg.stults.com/Accord/caserubsmall.jpg
The blue line inside the orange box is where the pressure plate rubs the bellhousing. It was actually pretty minor. The PP gouged the aluminum about 1 mm when I rotated the engine. It would probably clearance itself fine if the engine was started this way. As it is, I will probably just shave down that area just a bit to make room.

Here is a pic of where it rubs on the PP.
http://gregg.stults.com/Accord/clutchrubsmall.jpg
After I do a little clearancing, I will put everything back together and use clay to see exactly how much clearance I have.

Gregg

RobT5580
01-31-2004, 06:43 AM
I think its odd that some people have this problem while others dont. Maybe there is a difference in the F2K5 and the B2K5 bell housings? Or maybe its the design of the pressure plate some are using.

I guess i should ask which tranny you have to see if maybe thats the reason why some have not had this problem. I also think the lightened flywheel will solve this w/o grinding the housing since the pp will be pulled closer to the engine. Least you didnt have to grind much off like Mike Lee did.

L3G10N
02-01-2004, 09:01 AM
i have the f2k5 and carotman have the b2k5. Maybe we can find a day to compage the bell housings.

Versanick
02-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Is the f2k5 the 86-87 (85-87?) JDM b20a gold top cable tranny? and the b2k5 the 88-89 black top b20a tranny?

I'm confused on how this works. I have a gold top and it has a cable tranny, but I can't find any numbers to identify.

Does Gregg86DX have the f2k5 or b2k5?

I have to find a clutch/fly as well, and while I was buying a clutch for the b20a5, I figured that a matching flywheel wouldn't be a problem.

hmm.

RobT5580
02-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Yeah you have the codes for the right years and both are cable trannies just different part numbers.

About a month ago me and Carotman discussed the flywheel and we know for sure the 90-91 B20A5 is bigger so i assumed to go with the 88-89 parts. So using the 88-89 stuff will be the closest to the stock B20A stuff as you will get. It seems gregs case was very minor and if you get a lightened flywheel (depending on which one) it will bring the pp closer so you wont have to grind the housing at all. This is just an assumption by me but most flywheels i have seen have a shaved thinner as well.

L3G10N
02-01-2004, 09:07 PM
the f2k5 came from the accord 86-89 jdm and carotman'S b2k5 came from the prelude 85-87 jdm

Gregg86DX
02-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Just to summarize my situation:

- I have a B2K5 transmission, I was told it came from an '87 Accord. (this transmission did NOT come with my motor)
- I am using a stock flywheel from an '88 Prelude SI.
- I am using an Exedy (stock replacement) pressure plate and clutch also from an '88 Prelude SI.
- I ground the area marked in blue in the above picture down about 1mm and there is no more rubbing.
- I am using a starter from an A20 Accord with automatic transmission.

I actually hooked up a starter tonight and cranked the motor over to check the compression. It worked fine. Here are some pics:
http://gregg.stults.com/Accord/comptest2small.jpg
That's my starter button rig.
http://gregg.stults.com/Accord/comptest1small.jpg
Compression results: 190-182-186-190 (on a cold, dry motor. Not too shabby)

http://gregg.stults.com/Accord/comptest3small.JPG
Traditionally enemies in the wild, the Ford and Honda have learned to accept
each other and even help each other out, in times of need. :)

Gregg

carotman
02-02-2004, 07:29 PM
I'll check for the PP clearance with a stock one... I'll also get the flywheel grinded about 1mm jut to help things :)

skiingco
02-17-2004, 07:56 PM
Gregg,

How did you get pics in your post? I just put my B20A in my 86 Lude and I wanted to show Rob, but I can't figure out how to get the pics inserted
Chris

Gregg86DX
02-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Gregg,

How did you get pics in your post? I just put my B20A in my 86 Lude and I wanted to show Rob, but I can't figure out how to get the pics inserted
Chris

You need to have some place to host them. If you have web space available at your ISP. you can move the pictures up there and link them into your posts. If you need a place to host them, you can send them to me and I'll post them for you, just let me know.

Gregg

ICEMAN707
06-24-2004, 02:42 AM
so greg, been 4 months now. you got that flywheel working and does it work perfectly fine? if so, that's another part taken cared of. now how about the timing belt? can you use b18+ or b20b/z timing belt maybe?

RobT5580
06-24-2004, 05:34 AM
Pretty much everything has been taken care of parts wise. For timing belt you can use the prelude B20A5 belt if you use the lower sprocket and waterpump. The flywheel is the same as the 88-89 prelude NOT the 90-91. And getting parts from Japan is just as easy as ordering them from the US so thats not a problem if you want to keep the JDM stuff.

ICEMAN707
06-24-2004, 06:14 AM
Thanks Rob. Can you PM me or post all the parts we need for the JDM B20A so I can print it out?

Vinny
06-24-2004, 06:36 AM
Thanks Rob. Can you PM me or post all the parts we need for the JDM B20A so I can print it out?

Theres already several lists of parts between the information in Engine swaps and in the FAQ sections

USDM parts that will fit the JDM 3g Accord/ 2g Prelude B20A (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=29259)

What's the B20A? (JDM DOHC Accord engine 2.0L EFI ) (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=86)

A few B20A Part prices (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=10654)

Project B20A (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=5907)

Gregg86DX
06-24-2004, 09:28 AM
Another thread that Rob posted has a great list of B20A part numbers:

Anyone bought any B20A parts lately? (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=34156)

My motor is not installed yet, but my test fitting of the transmission has gone well. There was one other place that required slight grinding, but it was pretty minor.

Regarding the timing belt, I purchased the correct OEM B20A belt from Japan. The price was very reasonable (<$30).

My install is getting very close, I am tentetively planning to do the swap in two weeks. My transmission is reassembled and ready to go and I have gathered almost all the parts I need. The major stuff I still have left includes:

- Install timing belt
- Drill and tap second O2 sensor hole in exhaust manifold
- Build exhaust pipe section to extend downpipe to cat.
- Fabricate bracket to mount A20 A/C compressor
- Figure out how the hell to wire my Prelude ECU and ignition
- Fabricate dust shield for manual transmission bellhousing (mine came with an automatic.)

I have almost all the parts I need, so barring any major problems, I should have this thing running in a few weeks.

Gregg

adams86lxi
06-24-2004, 11:19 AM
damn, i wish i remembered what flywheel and what clutch and what was needed to be done for it to all fit in my 5speed b20a but the guy that had it before me did all of it to get it to work before he sold it to me. I do believe it was the b20a5 88-89 style flywheel he used with the b20a5 88-89 clutch and had to grind the bell housing down a little.

btw: gregg86dx what site did you order the oem jdm b20a timming belt from and can you order other parts for the b20a their? And also im going to need a new clutch some what in the near future and i was wondering wheir you got the Exedy for an 88 prelude SI clutch and for how much it was. Ive heard good things about them for being a stock clutch! THANKS!

ICEMAN707
06-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Thanks guys for answering my questions! This should be a sticky now that it has the most complete info for the JDM B20A with links to other posts all in this post. If anyone else has more helpful info, please feel free to add them here that way everything is right here.

Gregg86DX
06-24-2004, 12:38 PM
damn, i wish i remembered what flywheel and what clutch and what was needed to be done for it to all fit in my 5speed b20a but the guy that had it before me did all of it to get it to work before he sold it to me. I do believe it was the b20a5 88-89 style flywheel he used with the b20a5 88-89 clutch and had to grind the bell housing down a little.

btw: gregg86dx what site did you order the oem jdm b20a timming belt from and can you order other parts for the b20a their? And also im going to need a new clutch some what in the near future and i was wondering wheir you got the Exedy for an 88 prelude SI clutch and for how much it was. Ive heard good things about them for being a stock clutch! THANKS!

These are the folks I ordered from; [email protected] They don't speak english real well and they quote prices in Yen, so you need to keep your request simple and use Honda part numbers, but I think they can get most any OEM part you need. The costs are reasonable and they ship quickly.

I got my Exedy clutch from these guys:

http://clutchcityonline.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CCO&Product_Code=08-013

Gregg

adams86lxi
06-24-2004, 01:31 PM
alright cool thanks gregg!

skiingco
06-26-2004, 10:14 AM
I have a juicy one. I bought the flywheel, clutch and starter for my B20A and then spent two days trying to find a 12mm x 1.00 Die to make my own Flywheel Bolts being that Parts stores, hardware stores and even machine shops in my area do not have a 12mm x 1.00 tap or bolt for me to confirm the crankshaft end threadcount where the flywheel bolts go. I am going through all this, because the scam artists at SpiTuning sold me the engine and trans without the bolts.

Gregg86DX
06-26-2004, 11:02 AM
I have a juicy one. I bought the flywheel, clutch and starter for my B20A and then spent two days trying to find a 11mm x 1.25 Die to make my own Flywheel Bolts being that Parts stores, hardware stores and even machine shops in my area do not have a 11mm x 1.25 tap or bolt for me to confirm the crankshaft end threadcount where the flywheel bolts go. I am going through all this, because the scam artists at SpiTuning sold me the engine and trans without the bolts.

I got my flywheel bolts from the junkyard off the same 88 Prelude SI that my flywheel came from. Have you tried the Prelude bolts yet?

RobT5580
06-26-2004, 07:23 PM
Yeah SpiTuning is not the best place to shop he beat me for a flywheel and the tranny he sold me is beat and has a problem with reverse and fifth. Fortunatly i never installed that tranny as its for parts but i was still mad.

skiingco
06-29-2004, 09:42 AM
No, I didn't actually. None of the salvage yards in my area have a 88 Prelude in their yard. So, I guess I have no choice but to go to the pirate dealership.

skiingco
06-30-2004, 08:18 AM
The verdict is in, Gregg was right, 88 Prelude Si(B20A5) Flywheel bolts fit the my Gold Valve Covered B20A and the measurements are, 12mm x 1.00 x 30mm, which is still a non-standard bolt. $35 from the dealership for 8 of them. One of the senior mechanics there with the largest tool chest told me the thread count. The head is a 17mm, 12pt, 3/8 drive socket bought for $3.64 from Sears(Craftsman)

carotman
06-30-2004, 02:20 PM
Yup, I used the prelude bolts without problem.

skiingco
07-01-2004, 12:46 PM
Carrot, Rob, Gregg. The 88 Prelude Si Flywheel, Clutch Plate and Pressure Plate look like they fit, but the release bearing that came with them definitely does not. I have digital pictures I would like to send to get your opinion. Please email me at [email protected] with an address I can show pictures to you, unless you know if the release bearing is supposed to come from a different year. Carot I noticed you posted Throw out Bearing ------- B18A1 ---- (Acura Integra 90-93 non vtec) on another thread, did you find that out by actually having to order it for the B2K5 you have and if so, what do I identify the car by at the parts store, "90 Acura Integra, FI, 5 sp Manual?
Chris

RobT5580
07-01-2004, 02:58 PM
We already know what works and what dont at this point. Use the 88-89 B20A5 clutch and the 90-93 non vtec integra t/o bearing. I have new JDM B20A bearings but the integra one is exacly the same as YK86 did some research on this a long time ago.

Gregg86DX
07-01-2004, 06:42 PM
We already know what works and what dont at this point. Use the 88-89 B20A5 clutch and the 90-93 non vtec integra t/o bearing. I have new JDM B20A bearings but the integra one is exacly the same as YK86 did some research on this a long time ago.

I can verify this since I just bought the Integra bearing and it fit fine.

Gregg

skiingco
07-02-2004, 06:06 AM
I appreciate your patience in helping me get it put together. I went to Yasu's old thread and must have overlooked the verbage while inspecting the pictures. So, 90 Acura Integra 5sp, B18A1 engine then.
Chris

skiingco
07-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Well, the good news is the Trans is in and most of my harness is very similar to the B20A stuff, but there are differences I am not sure what to do about. For instance, the electric coil on my BT setup had an additional two wires going to the distributor. The B20A Dist. does not have these same two wires and I turned the engine over today by just hooking up the coil plug from the coil to the Dist. cap. The black box with the many vacuum lines differs between the two and the wires for the two don't match up exactly. So, I am not sure what needs to be rewired, what vacuums can go plugged up. The engine turns, but does not catch and the fuel is definitely running, which was accidentaly tested by the bleeder screw at the filter. The other good news is I have two quarts of oil in and no leaks so far.

Gregg86DX
07-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Well, the good news is the Trans is in and most of my harness is very similar to the B20A stuff, but there are differences I am not sure what to do about. For instance, the electric coil on my BT setup had an additional two wires going to the distributor. The B20A Dist. does not have these same two wires and I turned the engine over today by just hooking up the coil plug from the coil to the Dist. cap. The black box with the many vacuum lines differs between the two and the wires for the two don't match up exactly. So, I am not sure what needs to be rewired, what vacuums can go plugged up. The engine turns, but does not catch and the fuel is definitely running, which was accidentaly tested by the bleeder screw at the filter. The other good news is I have two quarts of oil in and no leaks so far.

Are you using an external ignitor? Like the 88-91 Prelude setup?

skiingco
07-04-2004, 05:34 AM
Hmm, I went back and looked at Yasu's pictures and can't tell if my harness requires one. The dist. sold with this B20A comes with a cap with the holes pointing in the same direction as the dist. is oriented. Other dist. caps, like the USDM in the Chiltons show the dist. cap openings at a 90 degree angle to the dist. Anyway, there is one simple little harness hookup, which maches the engine harness, and that is it. What should I look for? I could send pictures if you like

Gregg86DX
07-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Hmm, I went back and looked at Yasu's pictures and can't tell if my harness requires one. The dist. sold with this B20A comes with a cap with the holes pointing in the same direction as the dist. is oriented. Other dist. caps, like the USDM in the Chiltons show the dist. cap openings at a 90 degree angle to the dist. Anyway, there is one simple little harness hookup, which maches the engine harness, and that is it. What should I look for? I could send pictures if you like

I have the same distributor with my B20A. You are going to need an external ignitor. The A20 distributors have the ignitor built into them (it's the squared part of the distributor body). That's why you have the extra wires going to the A20 distributor.

I assume you are looking at the last two posts in this thread:

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=5907

Here is a picture of an ignitor from a 88-91 prelude:

http://www.stults.com/gregg/Accord/ignotorsmall.jpg

I got this from a junkyard. Your are going to need this for your setup.

Gregg

skiingco
07-04-2004, 09:23 AM
Gregg,

Yasu's picture is not close in enough. Can you send a picture of yours mounted to show what it looks like?
Chris

Gregg86DX
07-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Gregg,

Yasu's picture is not close in enough. Can you send a picture of yours mounted to show what it looks like?
Chris

Unfortunately I can't beacuse I have not installed my B20A yet. I believe you need to identify the wire that goes to the A20 ignitor and reroute it to the external ignitor, then follow the wiring diagram that Yasu provided.

What ECU are you using?

Gregg86DX
07-04-2004, 03:12 PM
Actually, I just re-read Yasu's post and it sounds like you need to identify the crank sensor wires on the B20A dist and extend them back to the ECU. The TDC sensor and cyl sensor can be wired into the existing A20 harness (per Yasu's instructions). I assume you will also need to run a wire from the ECU back to the external ignitor, then follow Yasu's diagram.

The ECU pin-out for the Prelude ECU says:

C1, C2 = CYL sensor
C3, C4 = TDC sensor
B10, B12 = Crank sensor
B15, B17 = Ignitor (the wiring diagram shows these two wires splicing together)

B10, B12, B15 and B17 are the wires you need to add to the harness. You can double-check this by looking at the wires going into the ECU and see is there is anything in those spots. There should not be.

Check out:
http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/PreludeManual/62sf100/6-131.pdf

for an ECU diagram for the Prelude, it should be very close to the same for the JDM B20A.

The overall index is here:
http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/PreludeManual/index.html

Look at the section for "Fuel Injected Engine" to get info about all the engine control systems.

RobT5580
07-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Carotman did a great write up on wiring for the B20A not to long ago so i would look at that. If you want to keep it simple use the first gen teg distributor its vacuum advance so all you will need to do is extend the 2 wires for the B20A cylinder sensor on the exhaust cam side. Im pretty sure thats all you will need to do if you run the stock accord ECU.

Gregg86DX
07-04-2004, 04:56 PM
carotman's thread is here:

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=31622

it provides good guidance on identifing the wires for TDC, crank and cyl sensors.

Gregg