PDA

View Full Version : Look at me! Im 250!

factorVIII
12-03-2003, 01:48 PM
the DX that i have rt now just had it's 250th mile. ;) and i was just wondering what you guys suggest as far as maintaining or better yet, improving performance on my car. so far ive only had a 2 1/4 exhaust with some ebay mufflers and ive just given it a major tune up (new plugs n wires, dist cap, rotor et. al) thanks fellas :super:

Mike's89AccordLX
12-03-2003, 01:56 PM
Umm... just for your info that is not a major tune up.... A major tune up includes air filter, fuel filter(s), compression check, oil pressure check, radiator flush, tranny flush, oil change (new filter too), and so on. Most people don't know what an actual tune up should consist of, but there's nothing wrong with doing little stuff to your car. You should probably upgrade your ignition coil to either an Accel or MSD coil.

factorVIII
12-03-2003, 02:41 PM
i did all o that except for the comp and oil pressure check. i have minor knowledge in automotive stuff so if its ok what else you need to consider when you do the ignition coil upgrade?

Mike's89AccordLX
12-03-2003, 02:54 PM
Well you can either buy the Accel Superstock Coil (universal) in either chrome or yellow, or you can get the Accel HEI universal coil, or you can get an MSD system or just a coil. There's a how to on doing to coil upgrade.

smufguy
12-06-2003, 07:49 AM
i did not see any mention about an aftermarket carb. :D any dreams about a Webber? :D

Bloodlust
12-06-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Well you can either buy the Accel Superstock Coil (universal) in either chrome or yellow, or you can get the Accel HEI universal coil, or you can get an MSD system or just a coil. There's a how to on doing to coil upgrade.

Damn Mike you beat me to it. :burn:

factorVIII
12-09-2003, 12:20 PM
ey thanks guys... yeah i think ill do the coil upgrade then maybe slap a new used engine then on with the carby.