PDA

View Full Version : This is great...

TJ89Accord
12-03-2003, 10:30 PM
On my way home tonight, my car just starts overheating... I keep driving home, and it goes back to normal... Pop the hood to see if anything noticable is goin on, now the hood wont close... I'm sick of driving it anyways, and My cars never seem to last a year anyways... Maybe it is her time go...

/rant

tim

blazin3gen
12-03-2003, 10:34 PM
time for u to loose the carb and go EFI :D

TJ89Accord
12-03-2003, 10:38 PM
Yah, and time to lose the auto and go to 5-speed too. So many things I hate about my car, my so many that I like. But the major ones are that it is auto, and carbed... Ahhhh, I wish my damn hood would close...

tim

MrBen
12-03-2003, 10:42 PM
I nearly crapped myself when I was doing about 90 on the freeway and the light comes on saying my hood is open. I slammed on my brakes so fast, haha. Pulled off the road and reclosed it. I dunno if it was really unlatched or if it was just a false signal, but phew.

Just don't drive your car till it's fixed :)

blazin3gen
12-03-2003, 10:45 PM
wtf u got one of those lights on your dash that says your hoods open!!?!

k-roy
12-03-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by blazin3gen
wtf u got one of those lights on your dash that says your hoods open!!?!

No shit, on a Honda?

MrBen
12-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Yeah I do, don't you?

blazin3gen
12-03-2003, 11:10 PM
no my shit dont got it

k-roy
12-04-2003, 12:45 AM
Hey Ghetto,
I want to see a pic with that light on.
I have replaced the latch and I can honestly say I do not have a sensor for it.

BMS
12-04-2003, 12:46 AM
I bet ten bucks that it's the headlight motor light.

SteveDX89
12-04-2003, 04:26 AM
I don't have a hood open light. Never seen one either.

TJ89Accord
12-04-2003, 06:39 AM
My hood actually flipped up on me a week after I got the car lol. That was no fun. And it sucks, cause I deliver pizza, so I really need to drive my car! AHHHHH.

tim

Dustin Imports
12-04-2003, 07:21 AM
I fell you guys on the hood thing.

my first trans am a 89 formy, I bought it with out the hood bolted down in the back towards the windshield. well one day after working on her/ w the hood totally removed (had to tune her up) I had her only a week. I go inside for the nightafter putting the hood on to keep the elements out. Next morning on the way to work. (always drive fast.)

I head down my road (dirt/slow) take a right onto the pavem,ent and take off...i get to about 60 and it shaking violently...I try lets off gas slowly, and even braking a little, but tis to late...

WHOOOOOOOOOOSH!

it must of flown 5 stories in the air...I watched in the rear view as it hit behind me about 10 car legths or more back after i stoped, it hit the ground and folded in tow like a taco. good thing there was no one behind me!

damn.

SO I get a new GM OEM hood, still in primer grey, numbers writen on it from factory and everything..brand new. two weeks later a friend of mine is fixing an electrical problem for me. i pick up my car alter and head home get to same speed and

WHOOOOOOOOOOSH! there gos my new hood, up in the air and into the ditch..lucky it was grassy and it wasnt harmed...that day i went and got hood shocks and bolts.

2 weeks later the bird was tag teamed at a stop light by a drunk driver in a 67 caddy and a f-250....

totalled...hit so hard it split the rim in two.

MrBen
12-04-2003, 10:07 AM
Alright I'll get a picture. I'll have to borrow my friend's camera so it will be week or so.

MrBen
12-04-2003, 04:43 PM
I was wrong. I thought the light was for the hood, but is actually for the headlights. Sorry to claim something, only to be false.

BMS
12-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by BMS
I bet ten bucks that it's the headlight motor light.

No problem, we all make a mistake sometimes.

TJ89Accord
12-04-2003, 05:33 PM
OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!!! lol jp. Now I went to turn the headlights on tonight, and only one went up, after punching the other one a little bit it popped up though, now they stay up. But it hasn't really overheated, and I was driving all night. It went up just a little bit, but it went right back down to normal... Any ideas of what it could be? Thermostat maybe?

tim

Dennis
12-05-2003, 09:01 AM
my thermostat is broke, it stays on cold.