PDA

View Full Version : what do ya think?

cfluvsnh
12-04-2003, 08:18 AM
Hey, I am getting a 3g soon (89 DX to be exact) and I wanted to know if you guys think I am getting a good deal or not. It has 198000 miles on it, 4 door, 5 speed. It has a nearly perfect exterior, excluding the front driver side fendor. It is a little dinged up. The paint is spotless and it still has all the emblems (which is pretty cool IMO). The interior is great, but I need to either re-paint or buy a new dash. The guy I am buying it from painted it blue (it was black) and he did a really crappy job. I think he just taped everything off and just sprayed away with it all inside :( It doesn't have a stereo at all, no speakers or anything. Which is just fine with me because that way I will get to build a nice stereo from the ground up. The only real problem with it is that it needs a new fuel pump. I am getting the Accord for $500, so when I sell my car for $900, I will have plenty of money to put into it. I am going to put a good pump in and do some other small stuff in the engine (new spark plugs and wires, a good scrubbing) Then I will be able to put in a nice stereo in a couple of weeks. I know, it sucks to not have tunes, but my first car didn't either and it wasn't too bad.
So tell me what you guys think...is it worth the money, or is it just going to end up being a money pit? I don't really plan on getting a body kit or anything like that, I just want a nice clean car that I don't have to put a whole lot into. Thanks

NXRacer
12-04-2003, 08:25 AM
500 is a good deal i think. just check it for burning oil (blue smoke out of the tail pipe) and other signs of hard wear. check all the fluids as well.

cfluvsnh
12-04-2003, 09:18 AM
I have checked all that...no problems yet. I will also get some pics up by the way, I am getting a digital camera for X-mas.

k-roy
12-04-2003, 09:45 AM
Sounds like a decent deal.
Is sucks you can not see it running.
Check the coolant for oil and the oil for coolant. That means bad head gasket. Take off the top of the timing belt cover, to the side of the vavle cover and take a look at the timing belt. Its like 2 10mm bolts.