PDA

View Full Version : Universal carb gasket material - where to buy

POS carb
12-04-2003, 10:37 AM
I need to redo the carb gasket but the one it came with was just a sheet of gasket material (or cardboard) that you cut out the shape and I need to make a new set for the weber, anyone know where I can buy some or know of a gasket glue that resists gasoline?

Damn dieseling and 1500 RPM idle has me up the wall

shepherd79
12-04-2003, 11:27 AM
did you check autoparts stores?

A20A1
12-04-2003, 02:30 PM
The stuff I gave you should work fine... I'm using it on my weber... I just didn't cut it out for you.

I bought it from Checker auto parts... I tried to get the thickest sheet.

It's not cardboard. Make sure you didn't use the longer screws to tie down the adapter plates since they might be pushing the plates apart when you tighten them.

Have you changed any of the jets yet? I really don't think the ones I gave you could be used for very long, i just wanted to give you a working carb.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-04-2003, 02:37 PM
Did you just use gasket paper? I was going to get some alluminized gasket material that you can buy online. DXHATCHBACK knows where to get it I forgot. I need to replace the gaskets for the In. Man. to Adapter plate gasket. And I will clean up the weber again so it looks like new.

POS carb
12-08-2003, 02:23 PM
ah I finally found an auto parts that has it, I bought the rubber fiber one, no leaks now.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-13-2003, 12:00 PM
Is it just a sheet of rubber stuff or what's the part # and from what store b/c I think I would rather get a rubber gasket.

Bronx89lx
12-28-2003, 08:26 PM
if i satnd to be corrected doesnt rubber dry up in heat and crack quicker then paper gasket im in the process of cutting out gaskets but im using the thicks paper the parts store has