PDA

View Full Version : performance exaust?

atom1414
12-04-2003, 10:54 AM
I know now what it sounds like to have a performance exaust system on my car. when I dont really have a loud exaust system just a cracked system. I feel like a redneck going around town but I guess Im just gonna have to deal.
anyone know where I could get a new cheap one?

Vinny
12-04-2003, 10:59 AM
calll me crazy, but I'd say try a local muffler shop. The next question will be how much right. Well none of us know for sure what they will charge in your area so you're best bet is to call around and price shop

k-roy
12-04-2003, 10:59 AM
Pacesetter makes a cheap one. It is cheap quality. I believe nopi.com has them.

$193
http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/pace.jpg

Cyric_accord
12-04-2003, 11:30 AM
Performance Tuning has the Pacesetter System for cheap right now, $163

http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Desc.cfm?PartNo=PT88%2D1416&MakeCode=honda&ModelCode=accord&ModelYear=1986%2D1989%20All%202Dr%2F4Dr%20DX%2FLX% 2FLXi%20%282%2E0L%20Eng%2E%29&ModelDesc=Accord

Jims 86LXI HB
12-04-2003, 11:53 AM
The pacesetter cat back is cursed with a muffler that limits it ability to truely be called a performace exhaust. Do not buy one if your goal is to increase power. Buy one to get the piping, then buy yourself a muffler, one that WILL make the power you want. Install the pacesetter system and drive to a muffler shop with the new muffler in the back seat. Have the muffler shop slice off the worthless Pacesetter muffler and install the new muffler. Dynomax super turbos, Magnaflow, or Flowmaster mufflers are good for performance and price. Their are other good choices, but the price can go sky high and you may find those choices offer a sound quality which may or may not be to your liking. I bought the Dynomax after seeing a cat back comparo where it made more power than a lot of others, a comparo where the pacesetter was dead last on the dyno.

If it was me I'd also slice off the pacesetter resonator and install as long of a Magnaflow straight through round 4" muffler as a resonator as I could.