PDA

View Full Version : tilt steering , how to ??

nv88accord
12-04-2003, 03:11 PM
guys,
I read somewhere that 87 LX-i does have a tilt steering. But I can't figure how to operate (I have an 88). And the place where I read also doesnt say that. Just says thats it does have tilt steering.
Im sure you guys would know.

thanks,
NV

BMS
12-04-2003, 03:13 PM
There is a lever on the door side of the wheel. It is a black knob, and you can pull it out. I think that it has an arrow of some kind on it. It pulls out, and then you push down to unlock the wheel. It's on the bottom side, you may have to bend around a little to find it the first time. Took me a while to get it too.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-04-2003, 03:14 PM
Yes it does....... search comes to mind but I'll be nice. It's that black lever under the steering wheel and you pull it out and push it down and then tilt the wheel and then pull it up and push it in to set it.

woode
12-06-2003, 10:52 PM
it took me 2 months until i figured out how to do that. and then i felt like an idiot

kicker1_solo
12-06-2003, 10:54 PM
lol, yeah, it took me a while to figure that guy out too. I would pull it out, push it in, pull it out, didn't know what the hell I was doing. Finally got it though :)

k-roy
12-06-2003, 11:03 PM
Weird. As soon as I pulled it out I figured out what it was. my other vehicle had the same mechnism, only it had a 2 inch tab. It took me a couple of years before I finally got bored and busted it loose with a vise-grip. Then I found out it was as low as it could go anyways.

Vanilla Sky
12-07-2003, 11:19 AM
i knew what it was on my car, but the wheel was stuck at that height... it wasn't until i got under there and busted it loose that it would move

Silver86LX
12-07-2003, 12:45 PM
It took me about a month to figure out what it was for. At first I thought it was a knob for a manual choke. :lol:

Elijah
12-07-2003, 02:01 PM
I thought it was for vents for like a year.Then my wife got an accord and I was with her and wacthed her use it.And I was all amased.

SteveDX89
12-07-2003, 02:34 PM
The first time I saw it, I was like :wtf: I pulled it out and pushed it down and the wheel fell down. I was like sweet and pushed it back in.

Morpheus
12-07-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by SteveDX89
The first time I saw it, I was like :wtf: I pulled it out and pushed it down and the wheel fell down. I was like sweet and pushed it back in.

:lol

I thought it was manual choke or a primer knob.
:stupid:

Coitis1
12-10-2003, 10:51 AM
man, this comes up quite often, but thats ok. I still can't get mine to work for some reason. Its not a big issue though, the current height is fine. I had to take off my steering wheel and part of the column to replace my turn signal combination switch and saw that the tilt steering thing is pretty rusted. I don't care though.

sporkHSP
12-10-2003, 02:33 PM
The only thing that confused me was what to do with it once it was pulled out, and i didnt want to bend it down, because i was scared that i might snap it off. I dropped the wheel into my lap, and its been there ever since...