PDA

View Full Version : Stupid stupid car!!

Hash_man_Se_i
12-04-2003, 05:44 PM
I dont know whats going on, but for a while my car had been bogging off the line, then it was fine, and now only a few days ago i tried starting it up to go to work, and it just sputtered and died... and then did it a few more times.. really really rough idle when it was running.

I have a feeling it may be a cracked injector, because most of this started right after I put some fuel injector cleaner in. The car runs fine most of the time, but does this every once in a while, most of the time it doesnt stall, but it just idles really really rough.

Next thing... sometimes, when the car is really cold, most of the time it happens after I forget to plug it in at night, even after i let the car warm up, it makes a really wierd noise from the front left side of the engine.. its almost like a humming and ringing noise at the same time... and it gets louder the faster i go, usually gets really loud around 50/60 km/h. It doesnt do it if I just rev the car higher than idle in park or neutral, it only does it in drive. I have no clue what this is.

And lastly... Every time I go over bumps the front suspension makes loud clunking noises. Now, i thought this sounded like a ball joint problem, but my dad just replaced the ball joints/control arms last year, so i am really not sure.

Anyone have any ideas of what may be causing these problems?
It is on my 89 sei with 224,000kms... and i really have no clue, so any help would be awesome.

Thanks a lot
-Jason:sadwave:

Hash_man_Se_i
12-05-2003, 10:16 AM
so, can anyone help me? I would rather not have to take it to a shop.

NXRacer
12-05-2003, 10:59 AM
for the bogging, replace your fuel filters. that could be a problem. Check spark plugs.Also, check to see if the ECU is throwing codes.

There are a few different places in your front suspension that could be causing the noise besides your ball joints. Is your car lowered? I forget.......

Dibbs
12-05-2003, 11:05 AM
That humming noise sounds like a wheel bearing going out.

3rd GEN
12-05-2003, 11:18 AM
mmmmmmmmm.. mine kinda had a same problem with the dying part.. and then having to retry a few times and it would finally run.

the suspension part is prolly your shocks. do you have stock shocks or aftermarket?

Hash_man_Se_i
12-05-2003, 03:09 PM
for the bogging, replace your fuel filters. that could be a problem. Check spark plugs.Also, check to see if the ECU is throwing codes.

There are a few different places in your front suspension that could be causing the noise besides your ball joints. Is your car lowered? I forget

I just replaced the fuel filter a couple weeks ago.. And then it kept bogging after that.

And my car is not lowered, it is just at stock ride height using Tokico blue shocks.

NXRacer
12-05-2003, 03:12 PM
there are at least 2 fuel filters. did you replace both or just the one in the engine compartment?

Hash_man_Se_i
12-06-2003, 02:29 PM
I only replaced the one in the engine compartment. I didnt know there was another one.. the computer at work (partsource) only came up with the one for the fuel injected models.

cruznz
12-06-2003, 04:04 PM
sounds like an ignition fault...plugs,leads....does it bog down when you give it gas going up hill?

chanyeehon
12-06-2003, 09:32 PM
check ur throttle line!!!!
that should fix it