PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! I want an aerodeck!!!

shane_lxi
12-07-2003, 12:08 AM
I keep seeing these pics of paul's aerodeck, and I really want one now!!! Are they available in the US, and if not, how much do you think it would cost to roder one from europe, because those kick ass!!! It's like if a wagon, and a hatch 3g had sex, and made this 2 door wagon thing, that is very super sexy!!!

kicker1_solo
12-07-2003, 12:10 AM
lol, I don't like 'em.

MrBen
12-07-2003, 12:23 AM
lol

I like them, just because they look cool. I like the sedan more. No they are not available in the US. It would cost more than the 3g itself to ship it over here.

shane_lxi
12-07-2003, 01:44 AM
I don't care, I looked up the average cost of shipping a car over seas, and it is like 700 bucks, so if I oculd get a shitty aerodeck for like 500 bucks, I could get it shipped over, and it would be like getting a normal sedan LXi, around 1200 bucks, not bad, concidering that I would be like one of maybe 500 people in the states with one. I NEED ONE!!!

PS: If anyone on the board who lives in the us has one, I am willing to trade a jet balck LX-i sedan for it, andl ike maybe 500 bucks, or a little more, cause I need one....

k-roy
12-07-2003, 03:14 AM
So you are an Aerodeck fan eh? Me too:D

No, they never made it to the US. I have done the research on importing one. You can get one from Europe for 1-2 grand. Then you have to worry about putting it on a boat and dealing with customs. So expect to pay at least 5 grand for one.

http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26428&highlight=kroy+aerodeck

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/385000-385999/385090_1_full.jpg
http://www.89accord.com/special/aero2.jpg

blazin3gen
12-07-2003, 03:17 AM
kroy i was about to post that red one ARRRRRRRRR!!

anyways 700 bucks god damn show me where thats prety damn cheap to ship a car from over seas

k-roy
12-07-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by blazin3gen
kroy i was about to post that red one ARRRRRRRRR!!

:lol :lol :lol
What the hell are you doing up at 3:20am?
Better question, why am I up at 6:20 on a sunday?

shepherd79
12-07-2003, 05:36 AM
the shipping is not a problem.
the problem is the custom in the US.
i calculated ones how much it would cost me to import one over here, and i come up to about $1500 for the car, $1000 for shipping (inside closed container, shipping on the top of the ship without container would be about $700 but you never know who can damage your car), and customs another $1000
so total came out to about $3500.
Now if you live on west coast, it will cost even more to ship over there.
the other problem you will ran into is registration. because this model was not available in the US you can't register very easy. you have to prove that it meets US standarts.

k-roy
12-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Personally I would buy a Junker hatch and swap over the dash so you have a dash with a Vin# that is valid. Cops are stupid, just tell them it is rare. Also do some type of custim rear bumper that masks the euro plate mount. Another concern is emissions. That is where the junker comes into the picture. Swap over all the emissions controls and you should pass. Of course I have no e-checks though. Hell it only cost me $30 tax and $25 registration for 2 years.

shane_lxi
12-07-2003, 09:26 AM
Hey now, I don't want to do nothin' illegal now... but I wiould KILL someone, in front of their own momma to get an aerodeck.

k-roy
12-07-2003, 11:03 AM
I believe killing someone in front of their own momma is illegal.
But anyways you may be able to get a JDM one cheaper than European since you are on the west coast.

Silver86LX
12-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Calm down there shane. I would do a bit more research into importing a vehicle if I were you. Like shepherd said, the hardest part will be getting the car on the road legally in the US.

Blue Impact
12-07-2003, 11:55 PM
The closest thing here in the states to look like an Aerodeck is probably the Pulsar.

Good luck getting an Aerodeck, Shane. Better luck killing someone in front of their momma. You probably will never get an Aerodeck for that but life without the possibility of parole. :D

shepherd79
12-08-2003, 04:41 AM
the way i see it, Aerodeck would be a nice car to make a show car. but other than that i would go with hatchback.
you can bring aerodeck into the US and register the car as now drivable for SHOW ONLY.
I know that is how a lot of people do with cars from Japan.

sporkHSP
12-08-2003, 07:23 AM
Those are pretty tight... if i had the cash i would import one myself... I see these 2 different Old school Minis around here (right hand drive)...
yiu could probably do a full engine swap, and the emissions would not be too difficult to include in that process.
That would be sweeeet. :)

sporkHSP
12-08-2003, 12:32 PM
now that i think about it, i saw a 2nd gen Aerodeck on the highway a few weeks ago, it was pretty cool.
the only difference i could see was the headlights and grille.

shane_lxi
12-08-2003, 02:05 PM
A second gen aerodeck, that' would be friggin' ugly, I like the popup head light look. That's why I chose my 3g, I saw the possible car I could make it become, and part of that was the headlights.

MrBen
12-08-2003, 02:20 PM
Second Gen Aerodeck? What the hell is that?

deadlight
12-08-2003, 02:38 PM
He's probably thinkin of a 1st gen Accord.

NXRacer
12-08-2003, 04:18 PM
I've looked into importing a car from over seas and i can tell you, unless you have connections in customs, you wont get your car. I've heard a lot of stories of people shelling out thousands of $$$$ and they never see the car. Customs can hold the car indefinately until they deem it legal to drive. You can get around that by telling them it will be for show only, but thats not guaranteed to work. Federal regulations are strict (mostly safety stuff) and if it doesnt meet the standards, its illegal to drive it. The vast majority of cops out there dont know the difference, but customs does and thats what matters. Thats why MotoRex in california sells their skylines for 100k in the US when you can buy them in japan for around 30K brand new.

sporkHSP
12-10-2003, 09:31 AM
chech the 1g or 2g accord thread for the 2g hatch... im thinking of a 2g not a 1g.