PDA

View Full Version : grrrrrrrrrr

nanaimo_honda_accord
12-07-2003, 07:40 PM
well i went to replace my cv shaft today but ran into a problem! the bolt holding the t-bone arm that is connected to the lower control arm was seized in. we tried everything to get it out then finally we got it moving but all it was doing was spinning the bushing around it. so what i think im gonna have to do is cut the bolt and press the rest of it out from the comtrol arm. i werk at a tire shop so i get parts for cheap and get to but it on my account but has anyone else come across this before??? if so, what did you do? any help would be great!!

88LXi68
12-07-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by nanaimo_honda_accord
well i went to replace my cv shaft today but ran into a problem! the bolt holding the t-bone arm that is connected to the lower control arm was seized in. we tried everything to get it out then finally we got it moving but all it was doing was spinning the bushing around it. so what i think im gonna have to do is cut the bolt and press the rest of it out from the comtrol arm. i werk at a tire shop so i get parts for cheap and get to but it on my account but has anyone else come across this before??? if so, what did you do? any help would be great!!

It is a common problem. A way around removing that to get the axle out and in is taking part the end of the axle that goes into the transmission. Then once you have it through the fork reassemble the end of the axle and put it in the tranny. I recommend you have someone helping you so they can hold the axle and you disassemle/reassemble it.

k-roy
12-09-2003, 02:36 PM
I had that problem. I kept turning and turning untill it broke loose. Then I held up a bench clamp to push it part of the way through. Then I used a screwdriver and a hammer to drive it out of there.