PDA

View Full Version : brake problems

seancornelis
12-07-2003, 11:58 PM
I bled my brakes last week and when I got up to the left front caliper, no fluid came out. If I backed the bleed screw out enough I could see fluid trickle out on its threads, but none came through the hole. The brakes work but there is air in the lines for sure as I have to pump the pedal 3 or 4 times before I get any pressure. The car also tends to pull to the right when braking. Any ideas?

Mac
12-08-2003, 03:18 PM
Was the left front the last one you bled? If so did you check and add fluid to the master cylinder as you bled the brakes? Could be that you fluid ran low in the process of bleeding. Sounds like you still got air in your system. Suggest that you check the fluid level and bleed again.

Or there could be a problem with your left caliper.

seancornelis
12-09-2003, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I made sure the fluid was topped off after I did each brake. There is definitely still air (or water) in the system, but I've checked for leaks in the lines pretty thoroughly and they all seem fine. This also isn't the first time I've had to bleed the brakes. I've been doing it twice a month for the past 3 months, and normally they work fine after but this time something is messed up.

BITESIZE
12-09-2003, 11:13 AM
I would buy all new bleed bolts for each piston. Maybe the bleeder bolter is clogged up. btw, they cost about 90 cents each probably.

Vinny
12-09-2003, 11:17 AM
bleeding brakes twice a month for the last 3 months???????? Sounds like you have big time brake problems.