PDA

View Full Version : Integra Intake

1988_5spd_lxi
12-08-2003, 03:58 PM
i know this have been posted all the time. i try searching but the sear data base is down. how much inches i should cut of an intera intake.? thank :D

k-roy
12-08-2003, 04:14 PM
However much you need to. Take off an inch at a time untill it fits.

Justin86
12-08-2003, 04:30 PM
YEA! :stick:

NXRacer
12-08-2003, 04:38 PM
why do n00bs always need us to hold their hand when doing something. ever heard of a thing called trial and error?? :stick:

1988_5spd_lxi
12-08-2003, 05:55 PM
well i spend alot of money on the intake, so i do wand to fuck it up. second you don't have say any think if you do not want to :rant: :flipa: if do don't have some think nice to say, shut the fuck up! :flip:

i just wanted to make one big cut. i don't want to spend all night on it.

kicker1_solo
12-08-2003, 05:59 PM
I made several little cuts, took off an inch at a time, took me about 30 minutes.....
Just lign it up in the engine bay, look at where it might need to be cut, draw a line and cut. If it's too long then cut a little more.

mugenprelude86
12-08-2003, 06:03 PM
my points exactly

1988_5spd_lxi
12-08-2003, 06:08 PM
cool

BITESIZE
12-08-2003, 09:54 PM
My integra intake worked out okeley dokeley! Check out my car domain site for pictures.

NXRacer
12-09-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by 1988_5spd_lxi
well i spend alot of money on the intake, so i do wand to fuck it up. second you don't have say any think if you do not want to :rant: :flipa: if do don't have some think nice to say, shut the fuck up! :flip:

dont need to get your panties in a twist when somebody has a smartass reply to a dumb question........

smufguy
12-09-2003, 01:27 PM

Thats why we make our own. I dont think people are every gonna adapt to it and realize that u can do it in one afternoon, but still they wanna spend a lot of money on an intake made for a different car and cut it off and ask about how to FIT it in the car.

I just dont get it. Why is it always soo hard to make something for people and they tend to MODIFY something??

1988_5spd_lxi
12-09-2003, 02:04 PM
i was going to make my own out of the plastic white pipe, but it give off toxic oder when it get hot. second i do not know where to get the metal pipe, but that well be a stupid question too!
anyway, i finish 300am this morning. feel the same to me. just louder and better ideling.

smufguy
12-09-2003, 03:36 PM
i was going to make my own out of the plastic white pipe, but it give off toxic oder when it get hot. second i do not know where to get the metal pipe, but that well be a stupid question too!
anyway, i finish 300am this morning. feel the same to me. just louder and better ideling.

Nothing is stupid when it concerns improving ur knowledge. All u had to do is just search for Cold air intake or CAI or what not and if u did not kow about, pm one of the moderators before u start a thread.

For future info, u can get the pipe from JCwhitney www.jcw.com :wave:

1988_5spd_lxi
12-09-2003, 06:05 PM
to this day search is not working, maybe it is my computer.

element117
12-09-2003, 06:43 PM
Thank you ..This search is NOT working and i thought that we were here to help eachother so why all the smart ass remarks???every question i ask ive gotten a smart ass remark back...if you dont wanna answer DONT....and some of us dont know anything about modifying on our on so we come online to seek help...if you know everything share it dont be shitty about it...There are no STUPID QUESTIONS..

1988_5spd_lxi
12-10-2003, 04:50 AM
i couldn't say it better myself

smufguy
12-10-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by element117
Thank you ..This search is NOT working and i thought that we were here to help eachother so why all the smart ass remarks???every question i ask ive gotten a smart ass remark back...if you dont wanna answer DONT....and some of us dont know anything about modifying on our on so we come online to seek help...if you know everything share it dont be shitty about it...There are no STUPID QUESTIONS..

Element, I understand your feeling. but you also have to understand, members like me have been on this board and previous forums and some are even here from day one. And we see all these new guys come in and ask the same thing over and over again. So we all decided to make things easier for you guys and set up a detailed FAQ and if not LInks to what you could do to your car and how to custom make it. We also have moderators for each section that you could pm and ask something. Also We have the tech and performance sections where you can search thru the newly replied threads and you are bound to hit on something you need.

WHen 90% of the new guys dont do this, and swear to god they dont do it, IT aggravates us when we are faced with some guy asking where do i get a header or who makes one. IF u come here without doing any research or this site pops up on the first link you did a search for, then its kinda sad.

So do understand why the smartass remarks you might be faced with and u do know that (newbie) and (DX) user status are a lil attraction for comments like that :)

Elijah
12-10-2003, 01:46 PM
I cut mine right in half.At the elbow.

NeubJ
12-10-2003, 08:16 PM
i know this have been posted all the time. i try searching but the sear data base is down. how much inches i should cut of an intera intake.? thank :D

Try the forced air intake setup first because I think it's just as good as the CAI I had. Plus its a little safer if your paranoid about water.

The cold air intake is gonna take alot of modding/cutting and a little time depending on the diameter of the pipe you have.

Did you buy yours on ebay? That way if you mess up you wont be as pissed, since you spent 40 bucks compared to 150 or more.