PDA

View Full Version : Damn it, messed up some electrical, HELP

A Dawg Jr
12-08-2003, 04:47 PM
I was uninstalling my amp and sub, and had to get back behind the deck and pop out the RCA's... well I guess that's not the only thing I knocked around because now I don't have blinkers, tach, clock, or stadard lights in the gauge cluster *e-brake, bat light, check engine ect*

Anyone able to narrow what wires I may have screwed up???

zero.counter
12-08-2003, 05:09 PM
FUSES FUSES FUSES! Check out and I bet there are some popped fuses. Did you neglect to remove the negative cable form the battery before doing so?

A Dawg Jr
12-08-2003, 05:17 PM
ya...... I'll go check brb

Vinny
12-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Fuse 2 in the dash fuse box. It runs the clock, tach, coolant temp gauge, back up lights, warning lights(brake, low fue, oil pressurel and seat belt) and a few other things. Check there

A Dawg Jr
12-08-2003, 05:27 PM
how do I tell if it's popped????? i looked at the box under the dash and all the fuses are in... like all the way pushed in... lol I don't know anything about this kinda stuff.. it sounds like that's the right fuse, but how do I tell if it needs replaced, and if so, what sort of fuse do I buy??? one that says 2 on the back??

Sorry, but thanks for the help

Vinny
12-08-2003, 05:33 PM
it should be a 10 amp fuse, look at the back of the coin tray, it should have a legend/label on it tha shows the fuse numbers, I think some of the things that run off them, and what size fuse. You'll have to take fuse #2 out and look at it. They're clear so you can look and see if its blown. look in the middle of the fuse. you'll know if its bad

Vinny
12-08-2003, 05:35 PM
oh and I just looked, should be bottom row of fuses behind the coin holder, second fuse from the left

A Dawg Jr
12-08-2003, 05:38 PM
alright, thanks... so it if is bad, I buy a 10 amp fuse to replace??

Vinny
12-08-2003, 05:46 PM
yeah just get a 10 amp fuse, if it blows again you may have shorted something out, chaffed a wire or something of the like. Cross that bridge when you get to it. Just go out and get you some fuses and replace the blown one

A Dawg Jr
12-08-2003, 06:06 PM
k, got a new fuse in and everything is working fine, thanks....