PDA

View Full Version : I Need A Harmonic Balance Bad

DonnyG
06-28-2002, 09:34 AM
ok well my car has been in the shop for the last 3 weeks and well, I've been have a really crappy summer due to this. The guy that's fixing my car needs a Harmonic Ballence Puller, but he doesn't want to pay 180$ whne he's only gonna use it 2 times. So he told me to try to find someone that will let me use there's. I've called just about every shop in the area and they either want to do it themselves or they don't have one that will fit. I was wondering if anyone on here has one that they could send me and I will send them it back. I'll be more than happy to pay for what it cost you to ship it to me. I'll probably throw in an extra couple of bucks for your time. I am very much a trust worthy person, I will not fuck anyone over on this. e-mail me at [email protected]

Somebody please help me out here.

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-28-2002, 11:52 AM
I didn't think our cars used harmonic balancers, I've always thought it was mostly American cars that used those. :confused: :rolleyes:

YK86
06-28-2002, 01:44 PM
We don't have a harmonic balancer unless he is working on something other than your 3rd gen.

ACCORD EX
06-28-2002, 02:04 PM
try autozone ! they rent tools ! i heard ! :D

MIKE

DonnyG
06-28-2002, 08:55 PM
hmm I will have to inform the guy that is working on my car. He told me he needed it to get my timing belt off. :wtf: ok then how do I get the timing belt off, I have a haynes manual but not with me right now.

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-28-2002, 09:08 PM
:wtf: is right. A harmonic balancer is pretty much the same thing as a crank pulley -- it just has rubber stuff inside of it to absorb vibrations. You do have to remove the crank pulley (as well as the alternator, ps pump, water pump pulley, and upper and lower t-belt covers) to get the timing belt off, so I'm not sure where he's coming up with that. :confused: :rolleyes: Is this someone you trust, or have been to before?

DonnyG
06-29-2002, 01:11 AM
This guy use to own his own shop, but he shut it down for some reason. Now he just helps out people he knows. Thank you Jared I'll leave him a mesage tommorow telling him what he all has to remove to get the timing belt off. Does anyone know if the removal of the timing belt is in the hayne's manual???

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-29-2002, 02:01 AM
Yep, it's in the Haynes manual. It starts in section 7 on page 66 ;)

guaynabo89
06-29-2002, 03:42 PM
Jared is right. The crank pulley does get stuck on there sometimes.

It seems as if the problem he is having is that he can't get the crank pulley off. You have to be careful on what type of puller he uses cause the pulley gets pretty brittle and brakes easy.

If I remember correctly one time I used a 3 prong joint pulley on the crank and it worked.